Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JPoint mount for Benelli

Roar M

Unfortunately no. However, we made a mount for a Jpoint/Docter for mounting on to a picatinny rail and it's practically bullet proof. It lasted me bangin' the crap out of it at the A63G last year (although I shot like crap) and has done VERY well over here (A-Stan) for the last 11. I'll be back in North Carolina in late January. My partner and I will do some tweaking to the prototype and then they'll be ready for purchase.

The only question mark is if we want to do a vent rib mounted site or a receiver mounted site. Mine (and my preferred location) is on the rib so that it doesn't lose zero when cleaning. The only other X-Factor is finding a way to mount it (easily) to everybody's different rib widths (1100 vs. 1187 vs. M1/M2 vs. Winchester vs. Beretta, et. al.).

The prototype is great though and like I said we should have a full production one in late spring/early summer. It'll be CNC machined and WILL protect the dot.

Rich

My Benelli has part ov the vent ribb machined out back at the reciever then, we took a jp jpoint mount and epoxied it to the barrel with some 3M epoxy for carbon fibre to metal. we drilled the jp mount an put a set screw in it at the front to hold it level on the gun because of the barrel taper and taped it in place for 2 days. It is now part of the barrel. The jpoint dot is just above the barrel right where the bead would be, and it works like a champ. A friend took it to FT> Benning last week and it worked great for him.(I couldnt go as I had other responsibilities) <_< I would like to see yours rich and see how it mounts, I can wait till you make the febuary match at Sir Walter.

• 1 month later...
My Benelli has part ov the vent ribb machined out back at the reciever then, we took a jp jpoint mount and epoxied it to the barrel with some 3M epoxy for carbon fibre to metal. we drilled the jp mount an put a set screw in it at the front to hold it level on the gun because of the barrel taper and taped it in place for 2 days. It is now part of the barrel. The jpoint dot is just above the barrel right where the bead would be, and it works like a champ. A friend took it to FT> Benning last week and it worked great for him.(I couldnt go as I had other responsibilities) <_< I would like to see yours rich and see how it mounts, I can wait till you make the febuary match at Sir Walter.

I'm confused re the set screw. You epoxied the JP Melt mount (what JP uses on 1100's). Ok. Is the set screw intended to lift up the sight, to a level position. I take it the mount itself - having been glued - isn't lifting off the barrel. Do I have that right? Would a glued wedge on the mount work as well, assuming the screws holding the sight will hold.

I have a melt mount from JP but am reluctant to cut the rib until I see a successful set up. Thanks.

The set screw was to hold the mount level while the epoxy cured. It is of no use except during the fitting process. We adjusted the screw to make sure the mount stayed level, taped everything down and the applied the epoxy underneathe the mount. We then let it set and cure for 2 days as it was a little cold(low60's) and then it was set. Mounted the Jpoint to it and reassembled the gun.

I like to mill a slot in the "weaver" mount and drill and tap 2 holes in the rib just in front of the receiver where the rib starts. this puts the sight right at the same level as the bead. Quick and easy! No glue! held tight and posted quite a few time before! KURTM

@Kurt

The easiest way to mount a J.Point on a Benelli is as follows. Take the base of the sight The weaver type and mill a slot down the middle of the underside the width of the rib, leaving just enough matterial for two holes for anchor screws one in the front, one in the back. Drill two holes in the part of the rib right in front of the receiver before it swoops up, and tap them 6 48. install the base on the rib and then put the rest of the J.Point on and sight in. The dot will be right at the height of the fron bead and in perfect position for head placement. No prairie doggin It took me about 20 minutes to do the whole job. no glue, no cutting the rib and at the right height! LIFE IS GOOD KURTM

I found this,do you have a picture off it??

I like to mill a slot in the "weaver" mount and drill and tap 2 holes in the rib just in front of the receiver where the rib starts. this puts the sight right at the same level as the bead. Quick and easy! No glue! held tight and posted quite a few time before! KURTM

Wouldn't that place for the sight be in conflict with the weak hand, if you do strong hand reloads with Tec-loaders?

Sorry I don't have any pictures as I gave up "open" a while back and sold off the barrel and J.Point it was on.

I don't do strong hand loading with either tech loaders or for standard division so I wouldn't know if it was in conflict or not. I never "flip" a shotgun over to load. KURTM

Anyone of you that know where I can get an "melt in mount" for a Benelli M2?

Check out the Arrendondo mount. Not quite a melt in, but close.

Do you have first hand experience with this mount? If so, how do you like it?

Just curious as I did get one to try but I haven't drilled and tapped, yet.

I'm liking Kurt's solution better as it sounds more solid.

• 2 months later...