Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ky. State Multi gun

I'm ready!

three_gun_small.jpg

'Course, I'll probably need twice that much ammo before the day's out. :)

I'm really looking forward to it, although the thought of losing all that .308 brass... :sick: (j/k, that's what Berdan primed surplus is for!):D

hmmm...might have to do this next year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dirt work on the latest shotgun bay has started and hopefully will be done for the Ky. State Multi-gun match.

My main man Jeff will get it done. I'm going to go by the range today to see how much he has left to do. I think on Monday he had all the trees cleared out and said that he'll start pushing dirt on Tuesday. It shouldn't take him long with a D9 dozer.

Chris C.

Yeah I'll get them up. I'll set some targets out there to give some perspective. Gary is going to rest a little easier. He was real happy with the out come and excited to get to use that rockin pistol/slug stage. Pistol then slugs and back to pistol. I can't wait to shoot that one.

Chris C.

Yeah I'll get them up. I'll set some targets out there to give some perspective. Gary is going to rest a little easier. He was real happy with the out come and excited to get to use that rockin pistol/slug stage. Pistol then slugs and back to pistol. I can't wait to shoot that one.

Chris C.

Chris,

You're talking about Slugger, right?

On signal engage only T1-6 and PP1-2 with handgun, then place handgun on table as marked, retrieve shotgun and engage only T7 – 12 with shotgun slugs as visible respecting fault lines.

Where would we go back to pistol? Or, am I totally missing/misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

Chris C.

Chris,

You're talking about Slugger, right?

On signal engage only T1-6 and PP1-2 with handgun, then place handgun on table as marked, retrieve shotgun and engage only T7 – 12 with shotgun slugs as visible respecting fault lines.

Where would we go back to pistol? Or, am I totally missing/misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

OK now I am a total dumb***. I was thinking of another stage. Too many stages and too many matches. I've had way too many irons in the fire lately. Still going to be a fun stage anyway. Sorry about that. I'll go to bed now and get some much needed sleep.

Chris C.

post-10237-1209684461.jpg

Here's the new shotgun bay. For those who know this is a hugh improvement to the old bay. I paced it off and I think we can shoot slugs at 60 yrds. It's going to be a real nice pistol bay also. The dozer gives some perspective as to the size. The way we ran the drainage system this morning, days of slopping around in the mud down there are over. Once he brings the rock all the way to the end it will be super nice.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Here's the low down on the food. Triple G BBQ will provide chicken, pork, burgers, hot dogs and smoked bologna. They will also have potato salad, beans, cole slaw, chips and drinks. If any local shooters are going to the Owensboro BBQ Festival you can stop by their cookoff booth and take a sample. I'm hungry now just thinking about it. Time to go get some lunch. :cheers:

Chris C.

Well the match is almost here so I figures I would announce all of the sponsors for the match. I would like to thank all of them for making this match the best we have ever put on. Also today I found out that the local newpaper is going to do a story on the match and hopefully that will get us some exposure.

One thing that I would like to add. Dealing with folks in the shooting industry has been one great experience for me. Great bunch of guys and gals. This was my first crack at it this year and I'm looking forward to next years match already.

Here they are:

Match Sponsors

Advanced Performance Shooting

American Defense

Blackhawk Products Group

Blackwater Worldwide

Brownells

Burkett Video

Saber Defense

DPMS Panther Arms

CPWSA

Irish Hitman

Larue Tactical

Parabellum INC

Progressive Machine and Tool

Shooters Connection

Techware USA

Wilson Combat

Stage Sponsors

Clark Custom Guns

Eagle Industries

Falcon Industries

Precision Delta

Prewitt's Workware House

Rugged Gear

Starline Brass

STI International

Surefire

Daniel Defense

Montana Gold Bullets

Safariland

Comp-Tac

Donor Sponsors

Blue Force Gear

Fairmont General Hospital

Command Arms Accessories

JT Distributing

Lauer Custom Weaponry

Midwest Industries

Whittaker Guns

Zero Bullet Company

Texas Roadhouse

O'Charleys

Thanks to all,

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

The match is two weeks out and we still have some slots left. Send them in or you can call or email me if you plan to walk in on May 31 to sign up. If we fill up before then I will let you know here.

See you all soon,

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Got an email from Gary, sounds like about 20 slots left. Looking at Chris's prize table work I believe those of us that go are going to be pleased.

I received news today of what is on the menu at this years match.......

Triple G Barbecue will be on site selling the following.

Meats

Pulled Pork

Porkchops

Chicken Quarters

Hamburgers

Hotdogs

Sides

Baked Beans

Potato Salad

Slaw

"Creamy Smoke Taters"-A Triple G Exclusive

Canned Drinks and Bottled Water

As a heads up, these guys won "Best Pulled Pork" at the recent International Barbecue Festival held this month in Owensboro.

So bring an appetite!

Less than a week before the match. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and seeing old friends again. As of today looks like a hot one with a chance of rain. We will have jugs of water at the range and there will be sodas at the food/vendor area. Prize table is finished and I think all of you will be pleased. We have something nice for everyone.

Chris C.

Less than a week before the match. Looking forward to meeting some new folks and seeing old friends again. As of today looks like a hot one with a chance of rain. We will have jugs of water at the range and there will be sodas at the food/vendor area. Prize table is finished and I think all of you will be pleased. We have something nice for everyone.

Chris C.

we are all looking forward to this match.been trying to make it for the last 3-4 years.we have held 3 area 6 3 guns and 2 alabama state matches in a row.so it is time to go play at your place. :cheers: see yah!!! friday

the al gang

The shooting vacation starts tomorrow and this will be my first visit to Kentucky !!

Looking forward to meeting and shooting with everyone and hopefully sharing a few cold ones...

I will be the one with the silly accent ! :rolleyes:

The shooting vacation starts tomorrow and this will be my first visit to Kentucky !!

Looking forward to meeting and shooting with everyone and hopefully sharing a few cold ones...

I will be the one with the silly accent ! :rolleyes:

In KY they all have funny accents !!! Hope to see you at the match

Chris C.

About that rain thing, since you have water for the hot how about someone to hold an umbrella over us while we shoot.

The Ro's and staff are pretty friendly. You might ask the guy or gal running the timer to hold an umbrella for you.:P We're going to have alot of fun. I can't wait.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley