Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.223 Millitary ammo

Merlin Orr

Sounds like the South African that came in a 2700 round brown, plastic case several years ago. It's dirty, shoots ok, but is Berdan primed. Shoot it and leave it.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

ETA: Fat fingering the keyboard.

Edited by Scout454

Sounds like the South African that came in a 2700 round brown, plastic case several years ago. It's dirty, shoots ok, but is Berdan primed. Shoot it and leave it.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Ditto on the South Afrikan. I've shot tons of it over the years. It's Berdan primed.

It's dirty, shoots ok, but is Berdan primed. Sohht it and leave it.

Merlin,

Since you picked it up... bring it to the recycling center for scrap brass (dump your used primers in there as well!)

Might be able to net you a tank of gas out of the deal..

This is live ammo.... I don't know if I have shot any South African stuff but I will be trying it out at our local carbine matches. Won't a 1050 redo the Berdan Primed brass without to much trouble? :mellow:

Um.. no, Berdan primed brass isn't the same as crimped primers... even though the primers ARE crimped, the issue with Berdan is that it has two flash holes.. in other words, difficult to punch the primers.. I have heard that there is a way to deprime them with water pressure, but you are better off shooting em and then recycling or leaving them. RCBS sells a berdan primer remover, but it's not really worth it unless the brass is very expensive. 223 rem brass does not apply.

It's dirty, shoots ok, but is Berdan primed. Sohht it and leave it.

Merlin,

Since you picked it up... bring it to the recycling center for scrap brass (dump your used primers in there as well!)

Might be able to net you a tank of gas out of the deal..

This is live ammo.... I don't know if I have shot any South African stuff but I will be trying it out at our local carbine matches. Won't a 1050 redo the Berdan Primed brass without to much trouble? :mellow:

Ahhh.. I was too literal in reading your post.

:rolleyes:

In that case... rip it and leave it.