Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he suggested that I should have my xd .45 nickel or chromed. Is it possible to do that to a polymer frame??????????

I'm thinking that they were referring to just having the slide done.....

hey, i'd go with the slide. that's all we need is a pimped out XD frame. but, if you have to, i'd stay away from pearl...you know what General Patton says about pearl handles. maybe some gold enlay, i hear the frame can be engraved easily.

i did hear the rumor that......

:)

lynn

Thats what I said ,but this friend says to me oh yeah they can chome just about anything. I kind of think it true as this guys on the level more often than not. And hes pretty knowlegeable about stuff. I would say hes smater than me but Im not sure that would be a complement.

Challenge your friend to have HIS plastic framed gun dipped into the chrome solution(s) *first*.

Might make an attractive coffee-table conversation piece, or an interesting ashtray.

Ahh yee of little to no faith. Plastic can very easily be chromed! Look at the grill of any truck or car. Do you think those are really metal anymore, and think of all the chrome plated model parts, and to top that off I saw a Kel-tec frame chromed by Denver Metal Plateing. The only down side is that it will flake off real easy, but they do chrome many plastic things.