Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PC hard drive clone

I want to clone my drive. OS, aps, Outlook, everything. My C drive is 4 years old and I think it hiccuped yesterday. Scared me to death. I did some looking around and I found a product that claims to do what I want. It is Acronis True Image 11 Home. Anybody have any experience with this product or have a better idea?

+1 on Acronis. Used it to upgrade from an 80 gig to a 120 gig HD. Worked like a charm. Wonderful to use, easy. I used Ghost and others in previous years but TrueImage does it better, and provides more services.

• 2 weeks later...
Symantec Ghost, plain and simple.

Unless there are programs on it that you no longer have copies of and can't live without, I wouldn't do it. If the hard drive is hiccuping you could also have some bad clusters that can give products like this a headache as well. If you trully want your machine running at it's best. It's best to install Fresh OS and applications and copy your data over. Ghost and Powerquest are good imaging products, but I've seen them fail on bad drives. They are more for using in test environments where you install various software test and need to rebuld again. Just my $.02