Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just can't pull the trigger on a G35 purchase.

98sr20ve

I have found several used but fairly priced G35's. In the end I know I want the 9mm. I don't want to reset my press of .40 cal, don't want to buy dies, I want the cheaper 9mm bullets. But I can't find a used G34. I can't stomach paying $575-625 for a new G34 and I feel like just getting a G17 and calling it a day even thought I like the G34 (never shot the G17 btw). I can get a G17 $500 pretty easy. I have bugged poor Mark at Summit about a G34 but he doesn't expect anything for a while. Patience is a virtue that I am struggling to hold on too.

UUHHHHH, you would spend 500 on a used gun, but not the extra 75 or so for a brand new one? Dude, suck it up and get you a NEW blaster, you WILL be happier in the long run if the the 34 is what you REALLY want.

I can get a new one for 515 today and if I am patient under $500. Used would be much less and easier to find. Only way to get a G34 under 600 is to internet it and pay a FFL which raises the price to about $600

I have found several used but fairly priced G35's. In the end I know I want the 9mm. I don't want to reset my press of .40 cal, don't want to buy dies, I want the cheaper 9mm bullets. But I can't find a used G34. I can't stomach paying $575-625 for a new G34 and I feel like just getting a G17 and calling it a day even thought I like the G34 (never shot the G17 btw). I can get a G17 $500 pretty easy. I have bugged poor Mark at Summit about a G34 but he doesn't expect anything for a while. Patience is a virtue that I am struggling to hold on too.

I have a 17 and 34 and shoot them about the same. The longer sight radius on the 34 makes it a little easier to shoot at over 15 yards but the shorter barrel on the 17 makes it a little quicker out of the holster and good at most ranges I shoot. If I could just have one, it would be the 34 though.

I had a similar dilemma. I load mostly .40 and wanted to buy a production gun that I could shoot limited if I had too..(backup) I went to my local range to look at 17, 17l's, and the 34/35. I rented a stock 17, and the trigger wasnt for me. My first shot was pretty off from straining to squeeze off the round. then the 2nd shot and throughout the end of the magazine was still a bit tough in comparrison to my sub 2 SV triggers. I fired a G-19 a dozen years ago and decided never to buy a glock... Until now... I grabbed the 35 and even though the first shot was a little tough, the gun felt like an LDA full length 1911. Thats what I'm lookin for! These guns are rentals. they have seen 10's of thousands of rounds and they look great, and I had no issues with it. I didnt even bother to shoot the 34 and I bought a lightly used custom 35 that night. it has all the tricks, a #2 trigger, stainless barrel, adj./FO dawson sights, ext mag button, tru-grip and a bunch more that pretty much only requires me to add a magwell to confidently shoot limited. But in production, I imagine a 150 PF .40 load will be smooth as silk.

I went to the range twice and shot their rental this week. I'm getting really used to the stock trigger already. I can only imagine what the #2 with real sights and a heavier barrel, guiderod will feel like. good luck w whatever you purchase, but I strongly suggest you scrub the classifieds here, USPSA and the auctions. You can find NIB guns for a lot less than retail..

I find that if I compromise like you are talking about, I usually end up buying the one I really wanted anyway. It is cheaper to purchase the one you want initially. If you like the 34 better than the 17 buy it. You will save money in the long run.

I find that if I compromise like you are talking about, I usually end up buying the one I really wanted anyway. It is cheaper to purchase the one you want initially. If you like the 34 better than the 17 buy it. You will save money in the long run.

I actually just decided that this afternoon. I have a little side en devour that nets me a decent income if I put the energy into it. So I am going to do that and pay for the gun I actually want. Even if I have to buy new. I just felt guilty about spending good money on something I don't NEED only want.

I actually just decided that this afternoon. I have a little side en devour that nets me a decent income if I put the energy into it. So I am going to do that and pay for the gun I actually want. Even if I have to buy new. I just felt guilty about spending good money on something I don't NEED only want.

C'mon, EVERYONE NEEDS TOYS! :devil:

seriously though, If you can barely afford the gun, ammo is going to wipe you out. Especially white box until you start reloading. Getting started reloading is going to cost you 3 times the cost of the gun your lookin at to get all the components; i.e Progressive press, tumbler, media, dies, mounts, scale, case guage, brass, bullets, powder, primers and a bunch of other stuff will cost a lot and theres no real way to peice it all together. Well worth the investment; It saves you a ton in the long run, and can be as addicting as shooting. you need everything from the get go unless you have a good friend willing to let you use theirs.

not trying to discourage you in any way, just letting you in on some stuff I learned the REALLY HARD WAY.

Edited by SV_shooter

C'mon, EVERYONE NEEDS TOYS! :devil:

seriously though, If you can barely afford the gun, ammo is going to wipe you out. Especially white box until you start reloading. Getting started reloading is going to cost you 3 times the cost of the gun your lookin at to get all the components; i.e Progressive press, tumbler, media, dies, mounts, scale, case guage, brass, bullets, powder, primers and a bunch of other stuff will cost a lot and theres no real way to peice it all together. Well worth the investment; It saves you a ton in the long run, and can be as addicting as shooting. you need everything from the get go unless you have a good friend willing to let you use theirs.

not trying to discourage you in any way, just letting you in on some stuff I learned the REALLY HARD WAY.

I can afford the gun. I also already reload. It's just a emotional hurdle I am struggling to cross. I started off rationalizing the new gun purchase by saying to myself "It's a Glock, I can find a used one cheap enough" Now that I have been looking it's been a matter of choosing the one Glock that I seem to have a hard time finding used. I am sure a week after I buy a new Glock I will see a nice used one down the street. I am just tired of waiting. My little Kahr is fine but lately it has not liked FMJ RN's during mag changes. The bullets get hung up under the chamber (never happens with HP). Long way of saying, I just want a race gun now. I think people are right. Don't buy a 17 if I really want a 34 so thats what I am going to do.

You might get lucky with this one. It down the street from you. No shipping or transfer fee.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=84993770

Thanks, I got that gun. They give a 3.5% discount for cash so I was OK with the price. They also are giving me the one they get Wednesday that has a 17 rd magazine setup. Thanks for everyones help.