Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Narrow Hammer and Trigger

revchuck

All - In theory, this should go in the classifieds, but most of the folks there would be scratching their head. ;)

I just picked up a 95% M14-4 with TT and TH. I need a narrow serrated trigger and narrow service hammer. I'd prefer to swap even up, but will buy if necessary.

This gun is almost too cherry to shoot. The operative word is "almost". :wub: BTW, I got it for $225. I love it when plastic bottomfeeders are so popular...:D

All - In theory, this should go in the classifieds, but most of the folks there would be scratching their head. ;)

I just picked up a 95% M14-4 with TT and TH. I need a narrow serrated trigger and narrow service hammer. I'd prefer to swap even up, but will buy if necessary.

This gun is almost too cherry to shoot. The operative word is "almost". :wub: BTW, I got it for $225. I love it when plastic bottomfeeders are so popular...:D

If you find another, let me know. I am looking for one for USRA Center fire bulls eye. I want it full target ;)

If you find another, let me know. I am looking for one for USRA Center fire bulls eye. I want it full target ;)

Just curious. Why a target hammer? Other than the questionable aesthetic value, I've always thought they added nothing but a slower lock time.

Yeah, sorry about the focus. It took about 10 tries to get it that good. I have difficulty taking pics of small items with my camera.

Why the target hammer, Tom? I like them on hunting guns because it makes it easier to cockthe gun one handed with gloves on.

Gary J

Boy am I glad you said "almost".

I picked up and brand new unfired in the box with papers and tools 4" 19-5 last week. Made in 83.

It has been dirtied already. Zeroed with my favorite carry load and was carried tonight when my family and I went to dinner.

Why the target hammer, Tom? I like them on hunting guns because it makes it easier to cockthe gun one handed with gloves on.

Gary J

That's fine, but I asked in the context of a USRA centerfire revolver.

Just curious. Why a target hammer? Other than the questionable aesthetic value, I've always thought they added nothing but a slower lock time.

Much easier single action shooting. Double action on one stage at the most.

Boy am I glad you said "almost".

I picked up and brand new unfired in the box with papers and tools 4" 19-5 last week. Made in 83.

It has been dirtied already. Zeroed with my favorite carry load and was carried tonight when my family and I went to dinner.

I bought an unfired M57 no-dash, nickle, 4" that a collector got rid of because he couldn't find the box. :rolleyes: It took an hour and a half before I shot it, because it took that long to go home, find some .41 Mag ammo, and drive to the range. :cheers:

Edited by revchuck

RoundGunShooter,

Are you looking specifically for one with target hammer and trigger? I have a 14-4 that has the serrated trigger. It's in really good shape, bluing is really good, with a bit of holster wear near the muzzle. Only thing is the previous owner (a district attorney) shaved the left hand grip panel so that it would work with speed loaders. I thought I would begin shooting revolver with it, but it was just too nice to shoot. I've recently picked up a 686+ and a 627.

Itchy

RoundGunShooter,

Are you looking specifically for one with target hammer and trigger? I have a 14-4 that has the serrated trigger. It's in really good shape, bluing is really good, with a bit of holster wear near the muzzle. Only thing is the previous owner (a district attorney) shaved the left hand grip panel so that it would work with speed loaders. I thought I would begin shooting revolver with it, but it was just too nice to shoot. I've recently picked up a 686+ and a 627.

Itchy

I sent you a PM.

Gary

Yeah, sorry about the focus. It took about 10 tries to get it that good. I have difficulty taking pics of small items with my camera.

Gary J

*Off topic a little, but...*

Does your camera have a micro/ macro (I think it's called) setting? with a digital point and shoot, it would probably be a button with a flower logo on it, or in your settings menu. With it "ON" you can really get in on little items, like gun parts, bugs, etc.