Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Transition from Glock to Para

tptplayer

This is a question for those who have made the transition from a Glock to a single action Limited Gun.

I have been shooting about 3 years. Mostly it has been Glock. I shot a G17 for 2 years in Production. For the last year I have used a G35 and have just made it to B in Limited. My wife bought me an almost new Para P16-40 that has been nicely tuned. I dry fire about ½ hour a day, shoot a short practice match once a week and a regular match on Saturdays.

What hints can you give me to ease and speed the transition?

+1

Oh. Step 4 -- have your wife lock up the Glock, and hide the key....If this doesn't happen, you might shoot the Glock during practice or at match "just to see," and have to start the process all over again, in my experience.

Yep, never look back!!!!!

No hints .....

Step 1. Lots of dry-fire.

Step 2. Live fire about the same as you are now.

Step 3. Enjoy your new Blaster ! ;)

Chris, thanks for the advice though I was hoping for a magic wand. We had only the most casual contact but it was good having you at the Florida Sectional.

+1

Oh. Step 4 -- have your wife lock up the Glock, and hide the key....If this doesn't happen, you might shoot the Glock during practice or at match "just to see," and have to start the process all over again, in my experience.

Yep, never look back!!!!!

Boo and tpcdvc-I will try to remember that.

I switched back and forth between a G35 and a P-16 a lot last year. Other than an hour or so to get used to the P16 trigger, I didn't need to do anything else. It may take a practice session to get used to the different transitions between the light and heavy guns.

+1

+2 I was switching back and forth from Glocks (24,34, and 17) and an STI and it just fired my mellon. Pick one and lock up the rest.

Chris, thanks for the advice though I was hoping for a magic wand. We had only the most casual contact but it was good having you at the Florida Sectional.

The pleasure was all mine. I've been to Florida about a dozen times in my life, but have only shot 2 IPSC matches ('06 FL Open / '07 FL Sect.) down there and I'll never forget either of them.

You Floridians were most gracious hosts, and I hope to make it back again next year (for at least 1 FL major match). :)