Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Breaking.....

spook

OK, this has happened three times in a row now. This time is even "funnier". Just got the Miculek tapes. Revolver Assemby/Disassembly. I take of the side plate of my 625 and notice my trigger can move and so can the pin that holds it to the frame. It's friggin'broken! I have a match in two days! My smith is a great guy, and he has helped me out every single time, but I wonder if he can fix this. Fortunately I have a second 625 that he's working on at the moment, but I never fired a single round with that thing.

I am sooo pissed right now. I think I'll buy a Glock 17 and start competing in production or something. Just buy a gun that doesn't break. Or at least is easy to fix when broken.

Dammit this sucks!

Yeah, but I thought revolvers were "indestructible". The perfect situation for me would be to have ONE gun, that fits ONE IPSC discipline and that one gun should be indistructible. I know, utopia.....

Spook,

Don't despair. You've just had a run of bad luck. When both your 625's are fixed you may not have another problem for a very long time. Just take a look in the Glock forum if you think they don't have the occassional(?) problem. ;)

Yeah, guess you're right. I already decided I need another 625, just to make sure I don't run into thes problems again. Revolvers are great.

BTW, it was broken because I dry fire it so much, according to my smith. He's going to fix it today. Great guy.

Yes tightloop, therefore i just got my 3rd glock, in .40 with stock barrel, but i still can not spell it.

And don't know how it sounds or looks.

My first worths were RELOAD WELL and i never came further.

Adrie

Don't worry too much about the broken trigger pin. I had it happen to me with a model 19 a while ago, and it was fixed fairy easily by my gunsmith. I believe he drilled the old pin and replaced it. It still works.

Glocks break also.

• 10 months later...

Hi Spook,

I think you contamined me with the virus that causes guns to break few days for a match.

Just yesterday at the range my skeletonized firing pin broke :(

And you weren't even there.....

The only replacement i have is the stock fring pin.

Now my trigger isn't what it used to be and i am used to :angry:

There's a good chance that i'll have the right replacement before we go to Vienna next thursday but saturday and sunday i'll have to shoot with my stock firing pin.

Greetings

Adrie