Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hs6

tk4

hs6 is a bit on the slower burning side. you might want to try something faster. I use it in my open 9mm for major but its REALLY dirty. it is cheap though. for the 185 moly, i would use titegroup if you don't mind some smoke.

hs6 is a bit on the slower burning side. you might want to try something faster. I use it in my open 9mm for major but its REALLY dirty. it is cheap though. for the 185 moly, i would use titegroup if you don't mind some smoke.

What is your experience on variations in temp changing your pf with titegroup?

Would like to have a lot of opinions on this.

RePete,

Any smoke with the load you're using and how dirty is it? Out of my open gun HS6 leaves a ton of unburnt powder.

It's a bit smokey (reduced because of the CMJ bullets) and just a wee bit of residue. I like it but when this lot is gone I will be sticking with TiteGroup.

HS6 was the first powder I used to load with. The reason I quit using it was because it is so dirty. I didn't notice it as bad in my 9mm but in my revolver I had to clean under the star almost every stage.

Started using n320. Nice and clean.....but expensive. High price sent me to TiteGroup. Smoky but works well in all my loads.

FWIW

dj

hows the recoil with hs6? fast and snappy like titegroup or slow and soft like clays? I'm trying to limit the types of powder i have around the bench.

I wish I could tell you. It was 6-7 years ago and I was downloading for a 9mm. I can't remember anything "out of the ordinary" about them. The powder ran well in my 9mm.

wish I could tell you more.

dj