Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am new and might be ignorant...

Crisspie13

Ok ladys and gentlemen i am new to the uspsa but not new to shooting. when i am firing my pistol i hold it in my left hand but am right eye dominent. i hit targets at the range fine but i have never done anything like a uspsa style comp.. now i want switch to shooting right handed but it feels funny and i havent purchased a new pistol yet. but when i do i am a little afraid to shoot with my right arm.. on accuracy and grip.. anyone have any sugestions.. I like Sig arms and Hk but that is a little pricy for me right now what gear should i start with that would be most benificial?? what else will i need beisdes the obviouse gun and holster.. thank you very much..

Crisspie13,

first off, welcome aboard to the forums here.

Part of your question is answered in a sticky above you. See: this. It might be a fine idea to lurk on the site and troll through the many threads that hold the answers that you are looking for.

There are quite a few of us who are just the opposite of you as in right hand/left eye dominant. See this, this, or here.

As far as equipment, the possibilities are endless... I don't even know where to start. Pistol - wise Smith & Wesson's M&P line is priced nice and is pretty cusomizable. Glocks are also everywhere and easily customizable as well. The classifieds area on this forum is a great place to look for a bargain.

Gear -wise, for starter gear, Uncle Mike's makes some very serviceable kydex holsters and gunbelts on the inexpensive side, and Bladetech makes some inexpensive mag carriers as well.

Please read through threads here, use the search function to narrow down your topic of interest and learn away. Hope that helps B)

Crisspie13,

first off, welcome aboard to the forums here.

Part of your question is answered in a sticky above you. See: this. It might be a fine idea to lurk on the site and troll through the many threads that hold the answers that you are looking for.

There are quite a few of us who are just the opposite of you as in right hand/left eye dominant. See this, this, or here.

As far as equipment, the possibilities are endless... I don't even know where to start. Pistol - wise Smith & Wesson's M&P line is priced nice and is pretty cusomizable. Glocks are also everywhere and easily customizable as well. The classifieds area on this forum is a great place to look for a bargain.

Gear -wise, for starter gear, Uncle Mike's makes some very serviceable kydex holsters and gunbelts on the inexpensive side, and Bladetech makes some inexpensive mag carriers as well.

Please read through threads here, use the search function to narrow down your topic of interest and learn away. Hope that helps B)

thank you i am already on the classifieds this place is great... hope to be shooting soon.. thanks again

If you are already comfortable shooting left hand and right eye, then I would stick with that for now. I am right handed and left eye dominant myself, and have not had problems shooting that way.

I would suggest practicing shooting right handed if you really want to change, but I would not think that it is necessary if you already shoot well.

just shoot the way the is most comfortable to you and bring the gun up to your eyes..

don't try to duck your head or crane your neck to see the sights..just bring the sights up to your eyes..

as far as equipment goes..decide what division are you going to shoot..are you going to reload or shoot factory to start.

the answers to these questions will lead you to the choices you may need to make.