Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting related companies

HSMITH

I have NEVER had the type of service I get with shooting related companies anywhere else.

Power Custom, I am using a jig, sear is tight on the jig pin but I don't think much of it, go to pull the sear off and it doesn't want to come off. Wiggle, jiggle, pull, cuss, wiggle some more, jiggle pretty hard, SNAP the pin breaks off. Expletive x100. Call Brownells looking for parts since that is where the jig was purchased, they don't have anything at all, send me to Power. Call Power to BUY a new pin, fella on the phone tells me the pin is a bugger to get out of the adapter and get the new one in, would be easier to get a new adapter. I say OK thinking that if I had my head out of my posterior when I broke the jig I wouldn't be in this position and would have saved a few bucks but oh well, he asks for an address, I give it, and he tells me it will go out in the next 24 hours FREE OF CHARGE and thanks for using our products. Well, you know what, like Dillon these guys are way way WAY over the top, and I am going to tell ANYONE and EVERYONE that will listen starting right here. Power Custom APPRECIATES your business!!! Next time I need something they make, guess where I will buy it from?

SV, I am really hard on thumb safeties and I have been for a long time, I broke an SV set this time but it is probably the 15th safety I have broken and that 15 covers at least one of everything I have seen and two each or more of the popular safeties. I REALLY bear down on them with my thumb hard when I am shooting. Call them up and ask to talk to someone about it, a fella comes on the phone and asks what I have going on. I tell him, tell him I am HARD on safeties and I know it, but just in case I missed something could he run me through the check points he would use to be POSITIVE everything I have done to this point in fitting the safeties is as good as it can be. Sure, he says. Runs down a few things, all is OK. I tell him that the problem isn't urgent and that I just wanted to run down anything I might have missed, I had a back up set and fitted them so I didn't even really have a problem that stopped me and I have another new set still that I keep with me. He tells me to send in my broken set, he will send me a new set at no charge. WOW!! I ask if I can buy two more sets from him, he says fine, and two days later I get the package. He sent the warranty parts without receipt of the warranty part. I didn't need two more sets, but I will soon, and I wanted to make it known that I really do appreciate the polite and respectful service I received. I REALLY like the SV safeties, and have since I bought the first set. I don't think there is a better product out there before, and now I won't use anything else without a fight.

I have worked in customer support capacities of some sort for the last 15 years and gun/shooting companies still boggle my mind, it is a really sweet breath of fresh air after dealing with the rest of the world! The shooting sports companies know the market they serve is limited, customers are loyal when treated well, and they fully intend to retain those customers. I have always looked for the new best thing, but that new best thing has to toe the line with the product it might replace and the company that makes it has to toe the line with the company that I am comfortable with. I suppose most feel the same way, fierce competition in a small market and shooting sport companies are as good as it gets.

Thanks to all of the shooting related vendors and manufacturers out there that make this an industry we an all be proud of!!! There isn't another market segment out there that I know of that can even begin to compare.

I have NEVER had the type of service I get with shooting related companies anywhere else.

and

The vendors and people in this sports are truly the greatest.

I guess there really isn't anything else to say 99.9% of the time....I sure am glad I get to see this side of America. :cheers:

Howard, Your experience and other simular experiences, coupled with the other competitors attitude for customer service, plus some of the parts out there being pure junk is why all of my business now goes to SVI if they make the part I'm after. I spend alot on my hobby and the last thing I want to hear is that they arent covering that part of a gun I just spent 2500-3000 on because thats their policy. Companies that stand behind their work get my money even if they are more expensive if they work with me to resolve issues and get me back to shooting. There are others out their but the lists is short, a couple of others I have had good results with are Larue and JP rifles if it is an AR related item. I will say though that Sandy and Brandon at SVI have been nothing but supportive of any issues I have had as well as 1 of my friends that shoot and because of that I am slowly weeding out some of my older guns and replacing them with SVguns.