Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Wilson 8 round mags question

glock10mmman

I have a question reguarding the new 8 round mags from Wilson combat.

Will these mags clear a 1911 with a mag well? I am going to be using my Kimber Tactical for single stack and would like to try these out, but dont want to dump a bunch of cash into them if they wont work.

Thanks

g10

I have a question reguarding the new 8 round mags from Wilson combat.

Will these mags clear a 1911 with a mag well? I am going to be using my Kimber Tactical for single stack and would like to try these out, but dont want to dump a bunch of cash into them if they wont work.

Thanks

g10

The majority of your single stack magwells are the same in length. Although the standard Wilson combat base pads do work, thay don't leave much room. They (Wilson) do sell 5/8 inch length base pads for there magazines. I'm not 100% that they fit the IDPA box. If anyone knows, help us out?

Just had some experience with this: The new Wilson mags will fit in the IDPA box with the standard Wilson base pad, but not with the Wilson extended base pads. The front of the extended pad is ever so slightly too long. Some of my friends at our local gun club helped me out & we used an Ed Brown extended base pad as a guide (as they do fit) and ground away with a grinder until they worked. Not pretty, but functional. My suggestion if your wanting an extended pad is to get the Ed Brown's. If your satisfied with the standard pad, and yes they will work with an S&A magwell,my Thunder Ranch has one, the Wilson is ok.

Hope this helps out.

Edited by baerburtchell