Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vertical foregrips?

Michael Brown

What is this AR15.com? I am more tactical than you???

My top 10 comments on this last display of tactical prowess:

1) This is a competition shooting forum. Not a place to debate who or what is more tactical.

2) I believe Ted Puente and Erik Lund are the only "big dawg" shooters who use VFGs in shooting competitions (but I could be wrong)

3) Kurt is not a LEO but I would really not want to gunfight against him (unless it was with a pistol).

4) I have seen more crap mounted on so called tactical guns that many gamer guns (just look at Mike Voigt's AR15)

5) Getting shot with a gamer gun would suck. Getting shot with a tactical gun would suck too.

6) VFGs do have a place on tactical rifles, especially if start hanging lasers and flashlights, etc, etc. on the handguard.

7) Most of the rifles the Allies won both WWI and WWII did not have VFGs

8) Allied soliders did not have to worry about holding the foreend of an M1/SMLE/O3A3 etc. with a bunch of lasers, flashlights, etc etc. If they had they might have put a VFG on there.

9) Kyle Lamb likes VFGs on tactical rifles. I have never seen him compete with one.

10) Kurt cannot spell worth a damn.

I did no start the tacitcal debate rather I responded to a jab at tactical shooters liking photo opps. The simple truth is competition is not gun fighting not even close. Just because someone does well on a course design they know ahead of time against targets that do not shoot back does not mean they would prevail in a gun fight. I am relatively new to USPSA (about a year and a half now). But I have been an officer for 8 years. I worked on a narcotics task force for 3 years of that time where service high risk serach warrants was fairly common. I have also been trained as a member of a entry team and as a sniper.

The simple fact is people who have their experience based in competition shooting have no clue what is needed in real life. That seems to be the case with Kurt. He no doubt is a great shooter and can teach people the fundamentals of shooting. But he lacks knowledge on tactics. He recommends 20 inch guns but its obvious he has never had to slice the pie (searching technique) in a typical home with a 20 inch AR. Short guns have thier place. In fact a 10 inch AR is about idea for house clearing and a 14.5 inch guns is even a touch on the long side. I am not than happy not to talk about real world issues so long as other posters don't take jabs at myself and others who carry guns for a living. I won't give Kurt advice on what makes the best three gun rifle if he stears clear of recommending what I should carry to protect myself and the people I serve. Those are two very different subjects.

Take care.

Pat

Pat

You may want to reconsider your position given the members who you are calling out, and stand down the "I carry a gun for a living rhetoric".

This forum is not like others where everyone is a chest thumper trying to measure.....whatever it is real cool tactical guys measure. Therefore you never really know who is simply a "quiet operator" and who is spouting BS.

A couple of guys in this conversation would simply amaze you with not only their ability but there "lack of tactics" :D

(Kelly, their was spelled as there in honor of Kurt)

Edited by smokshwn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic