Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about a Stock 9mm

Dave Gundry

My LGS can't get me a firm price on one... Any idea what they usually sell for?

How is the trigger on them? Comparable SA feel to my Match? How heavy is the DA pull? Numbers would be great. (for ref, my Match breaks right at 3 lbs).

Holster - I'd assume my BT DOH for my Match would fit just fine, no?

This would be specifically for Production USPSA.

Was thinking about a Glock, but after shooting one (G17), no thanks. S&W M&P9 feels lots better, but no long slide. CZ SP01 or 75B are also top contenders on my list, but would rather not have to send it out for a decent trigger (and I'd have to buy all new mags).

Thanks,

Dave

Another option I just thought of...

Convert my Match to SA/DA... go or no go? I would thing the trigger bar and hammer would be the same as the Stock, so just swapping some parts in the sear housing would be in order... any ideas???

edit - forgot the trigger is different. Looking at the parts diagrams, everything looks similar - maybe just swap the trigger and sear assembly housing (with it's respective parts), and pop in a safety that's been fitted?

Edited by Krautwagen

Eh - scratch all that conversion stuff...

Trying to decide between a stock Stock or SP01 (would install the nice hammer)... The SP01 is quite a bit cheaper, but I'd have to buy all new mags and a holster...

Here's where I'm at, any comments or advice is greatly appreciated...

............................SP01..........Stock

Stock gun...............550............725

Mags x 3..................45................0

Holster.....................66................0

Hammer/trigger job...55............100

Springs, etc...............15.............15

Shipping & FFL fee.......0.............50

Total w/tax..............856............890

On the SP01, I'd probably just drop in the hammer, do some minor polishing, and try lighter main springs. From what I've read, that should be good for ~4lb SA, not sure how bad the DA would still be.

On the Stock, I'd probably have Rich do a trigger job to ~3lbs SA, and again, not sure what can be done in DA.

There's a certain psychology going on here. You're asking EAA or CZ to primarily an EAA audience. The answer YOU'RE looking for is go for the Stock. And why not, Rich has some in stock and can do the work before he send it to you. If you're looking for real justification - you already have a Match and so it's a platform you're used to, grip angle, etc. The Stock gives your another class to compete in.

~Mitch

BTW, I was trying to decide CZ TS that I could order from the shop I help at and EAA Limited from Rich. While more expensive, I'm pretty damn happy with the Limited so far. Oh and Rich was real fast on shipping.

I like to think we're not THAT biased against those that 'loaned' us their design/geometry :D I know there's a few of us that actually own the CZ's too...

I am just very hesitant to fork out that much dough for a gun I've never even seen or handled (not that specific gun, but ANY Stock) - after all, my quest for a production gun started off looking for a used G17 for $350 :D . I can probably find a shop that I can go look at, handle, buy, and maybe even shoot an SP01 at. That's why I'm looking for some answers about the Stock. I got lucky that a gun show had a few of the Match's on hand, so I could take a look at them. If the Stock's SA trigger, and fit is as good as my Match was right out of the box, I'll probably go that route...

So, if anybody can compare a Stock to a Match or SP01, it would be greatly appreciated :cheers:

Since I'm spending money either way, anybody want to buy a kidney? Or in reality, a cheap RC heli or really nice carbon hardtail mountainbike :D

Edited by Krautwagen

I started shooting a Stock 9mm a couple of months ago and I'm really happy with it. After the 1st shot it was like shooting a really soft limited gun. With a 13lb hammer spring and a bit of polishing on parts I get just under 7lbs DA and 3lbs SA.

I've got a Stock 9mm (in stock) that I'm going to trick out to the extent it can be and still be production legal. The Stock is truly a nice piece of machinery and I think you'll be very happy with it. Check back with me after Area 2 and I'll have a trick gun available.