Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ARMSCOR 125 gr Softpoint?

open17

In the November/December Front Sight article on Major 9, Jo Jo Vidanes refers to an Armscor

125 gr softpoint bullet. One hole groups at 25 yds, loadable to a shorter OAL than FMJ. Sounds

like something to at least try. I can't find reference to them ANYWHERE except in that article!

Anybody know of a source?

Bill

Have you tried here:

http://www.armscor.net/

Yup----That's the first place I tried. They list a 124 gr 9mm bullet and a 125 gr 38 super

bullet. Both FMJ. No mention that I could find of a 125 gr softpoint.

I checked the Armscor Phillipines site--they list a 124 gr softpoint in loaded 9mm ammo,

but no component bullets.

E-mailed Jo Jo Vidanes to try to find a source on these bullets.

Bill

Edited by open17

Other than possibly lower price, what are the advantages of a JSP over a JHP or FMJ?

Wondered when someone was going to say WHY???

Jo Jo is loading a FMJ to 1.170, but loading the JSP to 1.120. .050 difference. I'm

thinking (always a dangerous thing) that maybe the JSP loaded to 1.150 or so might

still fit in a Glock magazine and give just a little bit more case capacity. Another

.030 of case capacity could make a world of difference in the performance of some

powders, and also make it possible to run 3N38 without heavy compression.

Bill

Other than possibly lower price, what are the advantages of a JSP over a JHP or FMJ?

i used to shoot star 125gr jsp. the reason i like them was that they have a flat, no lead exposed bottom. i.e. the jhp. easy to tumble after reloading with no fear of getting the media stuck in the jhp.

the soft point also added a little bit in feeding into the chamber.

lynn

and let's not forget the softer point.... :lol:

seriously though most of the JSP'a are their respective manufacturers hollowpoints with the points filled in. There are jurisdictions and ranges where hollowpoints are banned. The JSP's usually shoot like hollow points and have the jacketed bottom allready mentioned.