Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FL LIM 08 - TEAM COMPOSITION

Just kicking around ideas for the POSSIBLE FL LIM 08.

We've been talking about a team competition. How should we compose the teams?

The two main ways are either by gear or by classification.

Gear would be one high cap Limited shooter scored major, one scored minor (which might see some hot PROD shooters recruited) and a single stacker.

Classification would assign numbers to the classes (G=6, M=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1) and we'd set a maximum number of point allowed, say.....11. So you could have a GM, an A and a D,....................... or an M, an A and a C,.................. or two A's and a B.)

What do you think?

What should we give away to top team?

Edited by dirtypool40

Picture this: Myself shooting Limited, Jake in SS, and Vogel shooting production... :devil:

You'd definetly have to do something about class, but including the gear differences would be cool too.

OR Smitty Lim, Degracia Prod, and Gambrell with a SS. There are some monster teams out there for the picking. I kinda like the handicap too, maybe we could mix it together?!?

And what do I give the teams? Frames? Plaque? FIRST TRIP TO THE PRIZE TABLE?!?!? That migh motivate somepeople. :goof:

just added COMBINED to the choices, let's see how it plays out. I think it might make for some cool strategery, you'd want a monster as you Major / Lim guy for most points, a quick like a bunny that could place well on the close in courses with a minor / PROD gun, but still someone who won't give away the farm with a single stack. I think it might be THE way. That would be AWESOME!!!

Edited by dirtypool40

Gear would be one high cap Limited shooter scored major, one scored minor (which might see some hot PROD shooters recruited) and a single stacker.

Classification would assign numbers to the classes (G=6, M=5, A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1) and we'd set a maximum number of point allowed, say.....11. So you could have a GM, an A and a D,....................... or an M, an A and a C,.................. or two A's and a B.)

OK, I like the idea of combining, gear and class. Using the above handicap system, is 11 points a fair split?

With 12 you could get 2 M's and a C, or a G an M and a D, M/A/B might be the strongest team.

What do you think? I have it set at 11 to keep there from being a team with both a G and an M, but I am open to discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy Win Score is already set up for team calculation. Why dont you ask Local Clubs to start offering team categorys, puch out some generic basic guidelines and see what kind of feed back you get. I know way over here at the Phoenix club we have tried a couple of matches with teams and everyone loved it. We even had a match that paid the high team cash out of the entry fees. It made a great little match. I love the team concept and you can count Me Chuck and Ed in on any match with a team competition. We will make the drive to embarass you guys.....

Deon

L-2730

• 2 weeks later...

I think if a gunshop or gun club could set up teams it would be a great way to grow the sport, not sure if that was what you were asking but it would advertise the shop/club and foster a sense of competition in local areas

The match I want to shoot at next weekend will be paring up people for one stage and my 16 year old son wants me as his partner how odd but I shoot left handed and he is right handed so if I take the left he has the right we should be a good team. Not sure how they will pick the teams though.