Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You've seen me shoot...

Flexmoney

OK, I have been spouting off a bit lately.  Spout back.

I have had the opportunity to shoot with quite a few forum members at a couple of bigger matches lately.  Help me out.  Tell me what you saw.  If you were my coach...what would we be working on in practice?

Kyle --- while I didn't get to see you shoot at the Ohio sectional (other than the shootoff's), I'm convinced it's that OSU hat!! Lose it in favor of a University of Idaho lid, guarantee it'll bump you up at least a class!!

(Edited by titandriver at 4:40 pm on Oct. 10, 2002)

I was hoping you'd show ME some stuff...

I think self analyzation is the key to improvement for all of us.

When you imagine a nightmare-hard stage, what's in it?

That's what you should practice.

Beyond that, I'd say you should shoot faster and more accurately. :)

SA

BTW, did you place third in these last two biggies 'cause of points or time? Your answer might be in there.

well... where do i start. you lately have been relaxing more, and finally did start shooting loads besides blazer factory.

reloads are pretty good, but IIRC you drop your gun a little low.

your getting stage doping well.... now if this were equipment i could start with some harassment :)

I shot those two matches in a conservative manner.  I never pushed for a super fast...anything.  Except...the stages that didn't go well for me...too much  trying.

But, come on!  I need some outside opinions.  Let me have it.  Brutally honest (you won't hurt my feelings...you'll be helping me).

smoney,

Good point.  I really need to get those reloads highier.  I don't know how much physical time I lose there, but the eyes off target time is too high...

And the Blazer...I think I finally reached a point were the 189 power factor ammo was slowing me down.

Flex, I had the same problem, had an instructor watching me in an informal range trip, (i respect and trust this man very much) and he said.. what the F... are you dropping the gun for. then showed me what i was doign wrong.

i think we both also need to work on the eye seed/visual patience.. i'm impatient. so i want my eyes to move faster.

also i think we may both need to lean into the gun a bit more also, being bigger and stronger than most shooters/guns we tend to muscle things and get away with it. we will have to test things a bit sunday.

Steve

Quote: from Flexmoney on 12:56 am on Oct. 11, 2002

I shot those two matches in a conservative manner.  I never pushed for a super fast...anything.

O.K., I javen't seen you shoot.  But I'm gonna read into that post.  Stop being conservative! Now!  That doesn't mean that you should be pushing yourself to extremes of speeds and abandon all accuracy, but take a little risk --- just step it up a smidgeon.  

I tend to shoot conservatively.  A few matches ago, spurred on by some firendly ribbing, I let it all hang out and ran a fieldcourse much faster than I think I should be able to.  I felt like I was on the very edge of control ---- but I got mostly A hits, except for the last target, where I tossed an uncalled round into the hardcover.  That run felt both good and a little scary ---- I remember being amazed at how little I needed to see to get hits.  I'd like to try and find balance between my conservative style and that run.  For confidence right now, I need to feel slightly more in control than I did that day.