Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super 1050 Breakdown Question

I have my Super 1050 apart for cleaning/maintenance and wanted to completely break down the lower assembly (manual doesn't get into this). Have not done this since buying 6-7 months ago so now is the time.

Are there step by step instructions online somewhere to help with this? I could probably get it apart OK but would certainly like to be able to get it back together properly after.

Can you point me toward something (instructions with photos?), all help appreciated.

No, there are no instructions for total disassembly of the lower end of a Super 1050. We haven't seen the need to date. You will need a set of snap-ring pliers. First remove the toolhead and priming system,remove the handle.Remove the button head cap screw #13685 from the left side of the crankshaft(#11000). Remove one snap ring#13244, push out the pin. Remove carrier cap #11010, then remove the crankshaft. Remove the index lever assembly, then unbolt the frame from the bench. Flip the machine on it's side, slide out the shaft, and push out the crosspin connecting the bottom of the shaft to the link arm.Reassemble in the reverse. unless you have loaded at least 100,000 rounds on the machine, it is probably premature to do this.

It's been a while since i took one apart, so I may have missed something minor, but you won't damage anything. USe grease to liberally lube everything, repack the three bearing assemblies by hand, use 30-wt motor oil on the shaft. If you get stuck, call. :cheers:

I've just ordered a crosspin as mine has worn rather badly and makes a nasty click/bang noise occasionally. the shaft also shows some wear, but I think replacing my pin will do it. I've flipped the pin over for now and it appears to be working fine.