Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old style Glock 21 extractor

solaritx

Understand that the new Glock 21 extractors require milling of the old slide.

I wore out an extractor and does anyone have any idea where one might get one of the old style Glock 21 extractors?

Thanks

Garry N

Try: www.glockparts.com

http://glockparts.com/

Edited by dirty whiteboy

I wore out an extractor and does anyone have any idea where one might get one of the old style Glock 21 extractors?

Thanks

Garry N

That is the 45? I think I have some if I do they ar yours I can't check till friday

Thanks

Garry N

That is the 45? I think I have some if I do they ar yours I can't check till friday

Thanks. Looks like glockparts only has the new ones. It would help me if you could check. I am in no rush at all.

Garry N

(if you want to take this private: solari@prodigy.net)

Newer Glocks have a 15 degree cut the ejection port and extractor - older ones are a 90 degrees or 0 degrees, depending on which axis you use as your point of reference. New style extractors will work in these old glocks without modification, but there will be a cosmetic mismatch.

Glock retrofits the 15 degree cut only to the Glock 21 - it's considered unnecessary on other mode Glocks. They also recontour the ridge in the middle center of the underside of the slide.

Although these changed reduce the corrosion resistance in these areas, they are necessary to bring these older Glock 21's "up to spec" and, fortunately, the upgrade service including the machine work and installation of the new style extractor is provided by Glock at no charge.

great information, thanks

As mine is not at cut at a right angle, and there is a slight angle (15 degrees), I would assume then that there is no need for modification and I can order a new extractor.

Thanks!!!!!

Garry N

Believe I know what happened. Older G-21. Had problems (as many did) with this weapon and Winchester White Box ammo. After much discussion, sent it back to Glock. They replaced it with a new slide and all new slide parts. (still had problems but this was resolved when they finally figured out the problem when police started going away from Glocks.)

It seems that the slide they replaced was one that had the cut.

Thanks for all the information and help.

Garry N

great information, thanks

As mine is not at cut at a right angle, and there is a slight angle (15 degrees), I would assume then that there is no need for modification and I can order a new extractor.

Thanks!!!!!

Garry N

I think you would be OK ordering the NON Chamber Indicator extractor from Glockparts.com or Glockmeister. I believe if you go with the Loaded Chamber Ind. extractor, the plastic bearing that puts tension on the extractor also needs to be changed. Not positive about that though.