Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoilmaster spring

Sudden Death

I'm sorry but I tried a recoilmaster (won on prize table) in my gun and I can't for the life of me understand how you could possible like the recoil impulse it generates. At least try running a mag with a standard recoil guide rod.............just my opinion.........

I have a regular guide rod that I started with I used a 14 var. wolff spring but for some reason the recoil master workes better for me BUT I never tried a different weight spring with my regular guide rod maybe I should ? :unsure:

Its depends from what feeling you wanna get fron your gun... if you prefere a classic feeling like the regular guide rod or a reduced speed feeling like the recoil master with another recoil spring.... its up to you!

The feel is different and that is about it. I think you might get better feeding if you were to have a mag on the edge of working or not. Sometimes I'll switch stuff up so I pay attention. I have a couple students who really prefer the RM. I don't really care either way as I shoot lots of differnt guns and it doesn't make the times faster or slower.

• 4 weeks later...

A1 this year a guy in my squad had one break in his gun, not only was it hard to get the gun apart but he also trashed that stage because of it. I have heard of this happening a lot but have never seen it until then. I would personally stick to a tungsten and buy a range of springs then test them with double taps and see how closer you’re shots are with all of them and use the closest one.

CM