Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf SPP primers- update

burntcrispy

I'm about to place a large primer order. I've done an extensive search on the Wolf primers but haven't much follow up reports on how these primers perform. Right now they are 10% cheaper than the other primers. These are going to be used in .40 STI with 180 gr bullet. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with these primers?

Thanks.

Edited by burntcrispy

I have had great experiences with these.

They go off in my gun, which is an SP-01 that requires a DOUBLE ACTION first shot. Thus, I've made the hammer spring as light as I can to lower the trigger pull weight.

I usually use Federal primers. The Wolf primers work 100% - even with the lightened spring.

I leant some to our area director for use in a 9mm Major gun. Don't know if he has tested them yet. I am NOT going back to US primers at current prices.

SD? I'm still kind of a reloading noob so I'm not familiar with this term. I've found the Wolf Primers online for around $85-90/5K at various places. Winchester and the others go for around $100/5K. I'm planning on buying at least 5 sleeves so I would like to be sure that these primers are going to work well.

Thanks for the info guys. It has been very helpful.

Thanks again for the info. I just ordered 20K. I'm still waiting to get my .40 but when I do I'll let you guys know how they turn out. This week I made a couple of premptive buys on projectiles and primers to try to beat out these rapidly inflating prices of components. I got them from Powdervalley for $90/K. There was another website that had them for a little less (87/K) but I needed some powder and have enjoyed doing business with Powdervalley in the past.

ok let's see if i can get an answer, how much are the primers and where at?

Powdervalley $90/5K

http://www.bargainammunition.com/page18.html around $83/5K.

***I've never used this site and don't know if they are reputable or what their Hazmat fees are. Powdervalley, on the other hand, have always been topnotch.***

I just bought 20K of them so I hope they work well. I still need to get some .40 cal dies for the Dillion so that I can load them. I'll let you guys know what kind of performance I get from these primers. I've been stocking up on projectiles, brass, primers etc before getting my S_I. Now that I'm pretty well stocked up and just received my pistol I'm reay to move from Limited. Can't wait!!!