Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Price increase...

G-ManBart

I was talking with the folks at MG today prior to placing an order and the guy mentioned that they will have a price increase, across-the-board, next week. They were informed that the price of lead was going up from $1.40/Lb to $1.80 per pound....ouch. He didn't have the specifics on the increase, but said it would take place next week. He also mentioned that orders prior to the increase won't be changed, so it looks like a good time to stock up. I doubled my order...pricey, but they'll get used eventually.

No idea if the other companies are going to follow along, but I'm sure they will.....ugh :(

I rec'd the same notice from our battery supplier (I'm in the automotive business). 40 cents doesn't sound like much but that equates to 28% increase. More dryfire, less real fire for me in the future. :angry2:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_his...rge.html#5years

Here is what is happening to lead. It is in a pretty powerful uptrend... :surprise:

Which is directly related to China's massive demand for metals, and other base commodities, where it gets shared with us in ways unimaginable.

Instead of buying Montana Gold, I'm just going to start melting down WalMart crap.

Oh, the irony....

I switched to Precision Delta's bullets awhile ago. my budget can't keep up with MG prices.

PD just increased their price on 180gr .40s to $99 per K and that will probably go up next week too. Man, I can't believe not all that long ago I paid $70 per K.

check the major match results between this year and last year and you'll find an increase in production shooters. I have a feeling this is a direct result of bullet price increases.

I stopped shooting open because of the increase. How about a poll?

DaG