Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

California Comp Moon Clip holders

Duster

Hi, I picked up some used equipment and included were some California Comp Moon clip holders. The one's with the red posts. Are these for 7 shot or 8 shot? And any easy way to change them over to 6 shot .45's?

Hi, I picked up some used equipment and included were some California Comp Moon clip holders. The one's with the red posts. Are these for 7 shot or 8 shot? And any easy way to change them over to 6 shot .45's?

They should be for the 8 shot. I bought the 7 shot (blue post) to use with my .45 for IDPA use. The 7 shot works fine for .45 and the post protrudes through the moon clip to satisfy IDPA rules. I haven't tried the 8 shot holders.

Edited by Gregg K

I have 4 in package for 6 shot 625 I would gladly swap if you want. They have the plastic 6 shot center.

BTW, I will be at Harvard Sunday

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

These 6,7, & 8 shot center pieces are originally made for the office furniture industry and cost between .25-.50 each. Find a furniture office supply store or a caster store for office equipment. These are called "caster connectors" and fit the casters (wheels) on office equipment between the casters and the round metal tubing that they attach to. Most are while or black and some are threaded.

These 6,7, & 8 shot center pieces are originally made for the office furniture industry and cost between .25-.50 each. Find a furniture office supply store or a caster store for office equipment. These are called "caster connectors" and fit the casters (wheels) on office equipment between the casters and the round metal tubing that they attach to. Most are while or black and some are threaded.

Sounds interesting :blink:

Have a web site or pic or something ?? I searched the web but not having much luck.

Sounds interesting :blink:

Have a web site or pic or something ?? I searched the web but not having much luck.

Found some hits under "Socket connectors" and "caster sockets"

Found the .45 plastic sockets at True Value hardware. $2.29 for a package if 4. Still looking for the nut inserts that need to fit inside.

So, should I assume you have no interest in just swapping yours for mine?

No in any case I'll do the trade. I'll be up in New Bedford tomorrow. But we can try to get together another time or just mail them to each other.

Found the .45 plastic sockets at True Value hardware. $2.29 for a package if 4. Still looking for the nut inserts that need to fit inside.

So, should I assume you have no interest in just swapping yours for mine?

No in any case I'll do the trade. I'll be up in New Bedford tomorrow. But we can try to get together another time or just mail them to each other.

I will be in New Bedford for the USPSA match last Sunday of the month. IDPA next month.

Regards,

Gary