Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paypal seized my funds

McNeil

File in small clams court, 25 bucks.

They dont show its a default judgment, court will order them to pay within 30 day or be in contempt.

Of course if they send a Lawyer or rep. you may lose but you will have cost them much more than 25 bucks and you will still get your money back.

They dont show its a default judgment, court will order them to pay within 30 day or be in contempt.

Of course if they send a Lawyer or rep. you may lose but you will have cost them much more than 25 bucks and you will still get your money back.

I personally believe that may be very good advice.

Seems like you may have violated PayPal''s contract.

Does that entitle PayPal to convert your money into a 6-month CD where THEY get to keep the interest?

That sounds unconscionable to me, whether its in the contract or not. But that is only my opinion as an individual.

Personally, I would let the small claims court Judge decide. If PayPal disagrees, they should be able to EASILY win their case - just show up and contest it. That is their right.

Of course, what that means in the real world is: pay a lawyer to possibly fly out, stay in a hotel, and appear at a $150 to $350 per hour. - but PayPal's costs are not your problem nor the Court's problem.

Paypal locked our account several years ago, not for using their tool to transfer money for evil items. Somebody with a lot of time on their hands looked at our web site and found that we sold AR's and hi cap mags. They demanded that we stop selling these evil items, we responded that all items are sold legally and we were rejecting their suggestion to not sell this stuff

So, they froze our account and also played the game of freezing funds for 6 months. We had our lawyer draft a letter to them advising of a lawsuit to be filed in local court (Phoenix)against them for illegally holding our funds. We never got a response to the lawyers letter, but without notice, our funds were un-frozen several weeks later.

Personally, I think know what they are doing is not defensible, but they do it anyway, because most don't know how to or won't fight it.

Knowledge of Paypals attitudes towards the shooting sports in general has been known for a few years, it surprises me when it is posted that it has happened to someone else. I guess people think that it won't happen to them.

Well...for all of you who hate paypal, I hate Nova services more. They just denied me an account SOLELY because I sell firearm related parts. No appeal. No discussion. Just "screw-you bye." This is Costco's co-op credit card services vendor. So think about THAT the next time you're at Costco.

And yes, I'm on the phone right now to Costco HQ.

Well...for all of you who hate paypal, I hate Nova services more. They just denied me an account SOLELY because I sell firearm related parts. No appeal. No discussion. Just "screw-you bye." This is Costco's co-op credit card services vendor. So think about THAT the next time you're at Costco.

To hell with Costco also. We should have a list of these morons and make certain that those who support our right don't deal with those who don't!

Can you really sue an out of state company in a "local to you" small claims court?

I don't believe so. Unless the company is either incorporated in or has it's principal place of business in your state, a local circuit/district court will not have jurisdiction and can't issue a summons.

Can you really sue an out of state company in a "local to you" small claims court?

Sorta .. Most cases you have to file in the locality in which the transaction happened or failing that in the locality of the plaintiff. I would even claim that PayPal not transfering money into your "local" bank counts as a local matter too.

That said, their policy if fairly clear. You don't have to like it, but if you decide to break it ...

To hell with Costco also. We should have a list of these morons and make certain that those who support our right don't deal with those who don't!

Agree 100%!!!

Mods - can we maybe get a tacked list along the lines to the ones that Dillon used to publish in the Blue Press from time to time?

If you use PayPal, I suggest ONLY using the invoice option, that was you as the seller have control over what the PayPal censors read. We had one issue with them, and I sent a nasty letter and it was back within 24 hours.

Rob, yes, if someone scerws you, all you would have to do is send money to their e-mail account saying something like you did. I'm sure the censors would find it within 6 months or so :)