Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EHC Scoresheets

BDH

If I want quick-and-dirty scoresheets, I use the Excel workbook hidden on the EZWS CD. It was developed by Floyd Shoemaker and does a *great* job - including a column for NPMs.

Ah ha... once again hiding stuff from the masses!! I need to snoop around more... ;)

Care to share that Visio template there Bruce? Some of us have succumbed to the Evil Lord which you are enslaved by and actually own Visio so could make good use of your template. I do all my stage designs on Visio too.

I use Visio as well so anything that anyone has ready in Visio (shapes, etc) would be appreciated... :cheers:

Steel:

Especially for local matches, why not stick with one entry only? Having an entry for every single steel seems to be creating more work than it's worth....

Good point.

For local matches, ok.. score however.. but at the continental championship level, it would be nice to identify, say, which popper the shooter FTE'd just in case there are complaints later..

Easy enought to write in the notes as you note the FTE ?

Not according to somebody with a whale of a lot more RO experience than I've got:

Differences: Notice that the Penalty Target and Procedural boxes are shown per target, along with a Comments line. While this doesn't seem like a big deal, this really helped us. First, if there was a P/T attached to a shoot target, you recorded the P/T hits right along side of the scoring hits. Minor difference but there was never any doubt about where any of the the P/T hits were. Also, since I do stats for our local club, I can't tell you how many times I get scoresheets with one or two 'tick marks' next to the no-shoot box, but nothing actually recorded inside the box (and it certainly happens at big matches as well whichs means the RM has to head out to the stage, talk with the CRO/RO's and competitor to sort it out). This is almost always caused by the RO walking the stage scoring, keeping track of the no-shoot hits, but getting distracted and never writing the total number of no-shoots in the box. Listing P/T hits per target completely solves this problem. As for the Procedural box... again, Procedurals are recorded per target. While this doesn't always apply (i.e. Creeping), it was handy to be able to write down one Procedural along with a comment like 'FTE' on a per target basis.

Seems like steel targets can benefit almost as much as paper ones.

Brian: My Visio stage design templates are posted here in one of the stage design software threads. If you can't find it holler and I'll dig it up. I may have to post an update as I have added some more props to the collection of late. Club buys new toys, I have to make them in Visio. ;)

lynn,

I used a copy of your's to save the match a while back. My computers were down (we were moving) and I found out I needed to run the match the next morning. I was able to get on the internet (buddy's machine) and print out a copy of your score sheet. Then, just make copies at the printer. :)

You saved the day. :)

glad i could help. here's the link to the excel spread sheet version for those who want to modify it to their needs.

http://www.memphis-ssa.com/files.php?actio...2&fcat_id=1

lynn

Roy,

To each, their own. I'm just sharing my thoughts and hoping to stimulate the discussion.

(for the sake of arguement...BDH said he didn't have any steel on his stage)

IMO, it's wasted space/time to line-item for steel. Every match that I have been to scores all the steel in one big swipe. I don't see the efficiency of a line for each steel. Maybe I am missing something?

For example, I ran a stage at Area 8 this year that had 4 pieces of steel. We had over sixty FTE's. There just wasn't a problem calling out the hits, misses, and FTE's on the "steel". There were no worries about shooters complaining later...as it was pointed out when we scored and they signed their score sheet.

I do like the idea of the extra boxes and line for procedural notes.

I would think that having line items for steel might actually slow scoring down. I think most of us are in the habit of calling score for steel at the end since, traditionally, the steel line is at the bottom of the score sheet.

The more I think about the EHC style score sheet, the more I like them although I think I would/will opt for a single line for steel.

One possible hang-up is educating some shooters, and we all know "that guy" I am speaking of, on how to work them PROPERLY. You know, the guy that insists on taping hard cover and no-shoot hits with brown tape because "it covers the hole", paints white steel with any color spray paint in the shed because "it covers the hit" and so on.

Not insurmountable by any means and the changes will still yield a net positive result.