Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WTB: 24" Bracket for PACT MKIV Chrono

contrail

I bought a PACT MKIV timer/chrono about two years ago (before they upgraded it to the XP), but I didn't buy the bracket to mount the skyscreens. When I called PACT, they said they don't make that model now. I can't find one elsewhere on the web. I'm looking for suggestions like where to find one or how to build one (I don't have the skills or equipment to weld).

Thanks in advance,

Landon

If you still have the instruction booklet, it has info on mounting the skyscreens.

It's really a piece of cake. You could screw them to a length of 2x4 with perfect results. The more care you take to get them spaced the exact dimension apart, the more accurate the chrono will be. One of the cool things you can do with the PACT is make a custom set up with more distance between the screens, for greater accuracy.

BTW...while the actual bracket is nice, it is too long to pack it away in almost anything.

I think rigging up something that opens up or telescopes would be a better idea anyway.

(hmmmm...I wonder why I haven't done that?)

Hey! I think that's a great idea! Now, how to do it...?

I bought a PACT MKIV timer/chrono about two years ago (before they upgraded it to the XP), but I didn't buy the bracket to mount the skyscreens. When I called PACT, they said they don't make that model now. I can't find one elsewhere on the web. I'm looking for suggestions like where to find one or how to build one (I don't have the skills or equipment to weld).

Thanks in advance,

Landon

I think I may have one stuffed in a closet somewhere.

PM me and I'll see if we can work something out.

Tony

BTW...while the actual bracket is nice, it is too long to pack it away in almost anything.

I think rigging up something that opens up or telescopes would be a better idea anyway.

Mine packs nicely, along with skyscreens and instructions in a Domke tripod or lightstand bag......

Hey! I think that's a great idea! Now, how to do it...?

Hmmm...a quick and dirty method, off the top of my head...

- mount the sensors on a 1x4 (or whatever)

- then cut the board into two pieces

- making sure to measure an accurate 24in...

- use an old door hinge (the kind that you can pull the pin out) to connect the two halves back together