Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roupe grip color change?

Ok, so I have a gun with a grey Roupe grip on it. Nice and undercut, all that hoopla........ but it's kinda, well, DULL.

I remember a thread not long ago that might have addressed this, but can't find, so asking here--

is there a way to dye/color these pretty easily? I don't really want to buy another one, so modding the color is my preference.

Hell, I'm not opposed to a Sharpie, if that's my only option...........but I'll wait to hear from the experts! :rolleyes:

-Mike

My opinion is this will not turn out well. At least it wont be nice for long if it does. I would think the sharpie / die / paint will either come off on your hands, peel, fade, or just plain look like shit.

I once did something similar to a Glock grip. Looked ok at first, but quickly turned to crap.

My advice is to leave well enough alone ... or change the grip to a color you like.

All the grips are duller after the treatment of grooving and reducing the grip the way he does it. Thats why most people stick with Black as the black handles the color fade better. All the other colors are going to loose some of their sheen once cut. Tommy does apply something to make them better and may even have a paint process. Call him up as he is very good to deal with.

It has to be painted with an epoxy based paint to look good and last. The Roupe texture is VERY good, but I don't think it will stay VERY good when you put enough paint on to change the color. It will lose some of it's 'bite'. A more aggressive texture is needed to take enough paint to change the color and stay aggressive enough I think.

He does hit them with some paint, but it is just a very light coat to bring the color back to what it was before he textured it.

Have you thought about just some splatter paint to add some sizzle to the grip? That would add some pop to it without compromising the texture.