Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BSA Holographic Sight

trodrig

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with the BSA holographic sights? Midway has one on sale for 30 bucks, regularly 99.99, that I'm thinking of picking up to put on a Ruger MKIII. Please let me know what ya'll think! The model is "RMDS".

Thanks!

Trodrig

I've been looking at it for a couple of weeks and reading reviews. I figure its worth the gamble on a no recoil .22lr. I did find a comment and picture from a guy that had it on a 12ga pump shotgun and has had no problems. I would think his is the exception. I wouldn't put one on a heavy recoilng gun. It will be a fun cheap plinking optic for me.

I have the other model with the different style reticals on my Browning Buckmark 5in protarget. There is no where around here to shoot steel with it but I do think its a ton of fun shooting a dualing tree with it at the local indoor range it works great. The Browning is already heavy so I didnt notice it being top heavy or anything. For $30 I dont think you can go wrong.

Guys, I did the same thing....it didnt last 3K........If you dont want the dot to crap out at a match I would buy a more expensive quality one. We get tired of the old adage...."You get what you pay for...." ,but it is really accurate when you are dealing with these cheap dots.....FWIW

DougC

• 2 weeks later...

I just got one ordered right before I had my right shoulder worked on so it will be a while before it gets tested at the range.

Seems sturdy enough for the price, the base looks to be aluminum and the mounting seems fairly solid and also aluminum .

Kinda heavy and a little large for a pistol sight IMHO .

Fits a Mechtech CCU fairly well height wise with room for a cushion on the " stock ".

Center of glass sits somewhere around 1.85 inches above the top edge of the mounting rail .

Needs access from the bottom to replace the battery ( the rearmost position on a Mechtech CCU gives just barely enough room to get the battery changed without dismounting ).

The dot is not really round , or well defined , but is usable for $30 .

Just .02

Travis F.