Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 Norma Magnum bullet seating die

markwilliston

My other gun is a heavy 308 Norma Magnum, that came with a bunch of goodies. In the dies department it came with 2 neck sizing dies, no bullet seating die. I'm slow loading it on a 550, and it's my first rifle load. Will any 30 cal bullet seating die work?

My other gun is a heavy 308 Norma Magnum, that came with a bunch of goodies. In the dies department it came with 2 neck sizing dies, no bullet seating die. I'm slow loading it on a 550, and it's my first rifle load. Will any 30 cal bullet seating die work?

Possibly. Be careful setting the die height, so you don't set the shoulder angle back. Best to get the proper die.

Mark,

I might have a set of RCBS 308 Norma Dies in my storage bin. I'll take a look this weekend and let you know

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

You will need a set of 308 Norma dies.

You may could use some 300 Win mag or 300 Weatherby but if you have to buy buy the right thing.

The 308 Norma is a very cool round. Won't really do anything the other 300 magnums won't do but not just everybody has one which makes it cool.

What kind of action is it built on?

It's a neat gun, built on mauser action. 30" bull barrel, it weighs something like 14.5 pounds with no scope... I added a Leupold 4.5-14x40 LR/T and at some point it'll get a bipod. For now, I will settle for getting some ammo loaded for it :)