Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division?

Fireant

I asked a question with the same thought behind it right after the AWB died. I could look back to find that post here. BTW, the first match after that sunseted, I loaded all of my mags all the way up. Shot the stages (12 or 15 rounders) without a reload and shot to slide lock. Took my procedurals, took a bow and grinned. (I told the SO so that he wasn't surprised).

but there is a sad story of two shooters with that thought pattern. We both started out hating the 10 round limitation. My friend decided the sport was too limitiing. Quit shooting weekly and monthly matches. He pretty much just shoots a monthly 3 gun match that has NO limitations on ANY mags. He shoots with his Glock 17 + 33 round mag. After a year or so, we were talking about it. He remarked on how much his pistoleering skills had declined. Lowered his trigger time and reloading on the clock.

Bottom line, this is a game. I think there should be a limit on capacity to level the playing field for a large variety of handguns. Limiting it to 10 allows all states to play. I'd hate to think that I couldn't compete against folks from all 50 states at the nationals. Plus, we all look at the HOA standings, so this makes it more interesting, with a little advantage given ESP/SSP over the CDP guys.

If you want to use the game to train, just shoot it for no score (if allowed in your area), or shoot it and accept the penalties. Or shoot your gear in USPSA, you could compete in limited or open.

A full-cap division would lead to another equipment race, and that's something IDPA has been trying to avoid since its inception.

At IDPA's inception, a 10 round magazine capacity limit was THE LAW. And still is in some repressive jurisdictions with IDPA events.

I think it should stay that way in fairness to inhabitants of those tyrannies, so results will be consistent across the organization.

At IDPA's inception, a 10 round magazine capacity limit was THE LAW. And still is in some repressive jurisdictions with IDPA events.

I think it should stay that way in fairness to inhabitants of those tyrannies, so results will be consistent across the organization.

And depending on the outcome of the elections in 2008. That and other laws may return with big sharp, pointy teeth.

And as long as we keep limiting ourselves to a specific capacity they can say "See they even agree that they don't need more than 10 rounds in a magazine."

We are our own worse enemy.

+1,000,000 there

And as long as we keep limiting ourselves to a specific capacity they can say "See they even agree that they don't need more than 10 rounds in a magazine."

We are our own worse enemy.

I am sure that the anti gun forces in this country are intimately aware of the rules regarding mag capacity in IDPA. :rolleyes: Since Bullseye shooters step to the line with even less than we do, should we ask them to either stop shooting or go strictly to high caps to protect our sport? While we are at I think we should we force revolver shooters from our game. We wouldn't want the anti's to think that there is no need for auto loaders when a 6 round revolver can compete.

check out TSA www.tacticalshooting.com

How about we fix a lot of other stuff before we make it more difficult. As in No weighting this year at nats and no chronno. a respectable chrono procedure.

And fixing this cover BS.. put a line in the sand or something. I've gotten twice the cover calls as a shooter that i travel with and he's skinny i'm ... ummm bulky.. and fat. so 50% of me is not the same as 50% of him ( i know it should be but that's not how the descriminating eye sees it.

I am sure that the anti gun forces in this country are intimately aware of the rules regarding mag capacity in IDPA. :rolleyes: Since Bullseye shooters step to the line with even less than we do, should we ask them to either stop shooting or go strictly to high caps to protect our sport? While we are at I think we should we force revolver shooters from our game. We wouldn't want the anti's to think that there is no need for auto loaders when a 6 round revolver can compete.

I don't take for granted what the enemies of my freedoms are aware of or not and I would never assume that they do not now our sporting rules intimately. Never underestimate the intelligence of the enemy. They won in "94" because we were complacent and underested them. I won't make that mistake.

I'm getting close to the boundries of the forum rules on politics so I'm done with this line of discussion in the open forum. Please feel free to P.M. me with any further debate on this matter.

I agree with a magazine limitation to keep several types of guns equal on the playing field just like USPSA Production division does but I don't see aproblem with a seperate division for max mag capacity. If you want to shoot your Sig 228 the don't shoot that division.