Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tru glo

mcattack

I have not looked on the forum to see if this topic has been posted before but what I was wondering does anyone uses the sites that have the fiber optics in the rear site as well as the front. I am blind and sights are very hard to see and thought maybe this would help. I think tru glo sells them not sure about that. :wacko:

Tooo Busy! Front sight is one thing, but the rear too? I broke my front fiber optic front sight in a match recently and elected to wait until after the match to replace it. I found my hits were much better and closer to each other without the fiber rod. I haven't replaced it yet, still making sure there is a difference. When I am 100% sure...the stock sight goes back in.

Buddy

The feedback that I get from customers with "fading" eyesight, is that the FO front and rears are helpful. For those with good sight, I think they can be a bit distracting and I'm not as accurate with them in bright light.

Dawson Precision make a nice set of FO sights.

The feedback that I get from customers with "fading" eyesight, is that the FO front and rears are helpful. For those with good sight, I think they can be a bit distracting and I'm not as accurate with them in bright light.

Dawson Precision make a nice set of FO sights.

I like the bright fiber had sevral sets including the tfo in my carry gun.

The DP look very good and a little slimmer for comp

I have the truglo fibers front & rear & like them a lot. With the rear a different color, it works well for my eyes. I've had one set on my primary uspsa gun for nearly 3 years & finally replaced the front fiber as it had gotten lots of brake cleaner on it & was getting pretty dim. I have managed to keep the stuff of the back ones & they are still really good. I don't think they are intended to be changed but it was either change it or replace the sight so I took a utility knife & gouged out whatever it was held it in & peeled the fiber out. I bought new fiber from brownells & installed it just like any other fiber sight. It has held up through 2 months of use including the nationals with no problems. The sight is very solid but may be a bit wide for some tastes since it has the two "wings" either side of the front sight. I have considered grinding them off then realized I got 3 years of use from the fiber & never had it break during a match. Maybe I'll grind them off some other time but for now, just shoot!

MLM

I have no experience of the plain Truglo but some of the guys have been showing around the TFO with both sights illuminated. The rear inserts are the same size as the front, two of them, closer to the eye. Not good. It might be OK if they made the rear inserts about half the diameter of the front AND a different color.

I recently picked up a used gun that had the regular truglos with the red fiber optic front and green rear. I was going to swap them out for my regular setup of Heinie rears with Dawson fiber optic fronts but I figured I would try it out first for the heck of it. I LOVED them. I have shot better with them than I ever have. I have always been slow aquiring the sights from target to target with my diminishing eye sight but now I pick them up faster than ever. I tried another gun with my old setup recently and did not do nearly as well. I will say that I was slightly more accurate with the Heinie/Dawson combo on very far shots but my speed and overall scores are much better with the Truglos. I am more than happy with my "accidental" discovery.