Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THe origional tread must have been lost in the switch so I'll start a new one...

Best of the best match is here again... May 3&4 in Reno, NV

10 stages 300+ rounds Trophys, raffled prizes, and cash payout.

The deadline for fee increase is soon....4/15

SO who's going....anyone squadding together?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Turned out to be a competitive Limited match. I think Todd Jarrett beat Alex Chang but Alex would've won if the illegal plate rack stage would have been tossed. JJ Racaza was there, too, plus another GM or two and hordes of Masters duking it out.

I was miss-free, no-shoot free, penalty-free for 9 stages, around 400 rounds on target. Exceptionally accurate (2-7 points down), but off the pace, placing as high as sixth. Put the pedal down on my last stage, the 64 round speed shoot (ahem) and shot a bunch of Cs, some Bs and Ds, and a Miss.

Magazine problems continued. They ran great until I ran them dry. (Don't ask.) Then the breechface closed on the follower and I couldn't get the empty mag out for the reload. That killed two stages. I switched followers for the last stage and had multiple feed jams. Argh! And my gun cycled slow this morning in the cold temperature. After that first stage, I added oil to the Slide Glide.

Todd Jarrett beat Alex Chang but Alex would've won if the illegal plate rack stage would have been tossed.

Erik, I agree that the plate rack stage should have been tossed, but it wasn't illegal it was just inconsistantly RO'd. Why if I'd shot for only 20 more seconds I could have had a 13 second run on the plate racks instead of the 93 seconds (& 2 misses) I ended up with.

Fess up did your plate rack hit factor beat my smoking (as in stick a fork in me, I'm done!) 0.375 hit factor?

Other than the plate rack stage from hell, I had a pretty good match. I had one miss on stage 2 where I pulled off the target before I broke the shot, but I didn't have any extra rounds before the reload so I just hoped it would be there (Yea right!)

I felt kind of slow, but being on the same squad with JJ, JoJo, Ron Filho, Alex Chang, James Ong, Greg Neuman, Sheryl Cruz and Athena Lee will do that. We shot all 10 stages in one day and I can tell on the videos that I really pooped out on the last couple of stages. Between the weather, altitude and the long day I was really lazy on my transitions between widely seperated targets.

In spite of the weird weather (we had all four seasons in one day) I think Johnny Lim pulled off one of the funner (hey it passed the spell checker) matches.

I think I focused on my front sight for maybe 4 of the IPSC targets. No partials, almost no overlapping no-shoots or upper A/B zones.

All-plates courses are not legal. Six-inch round plates are not legal targets. Twelve shots from a single position is not legal. I didn't much care about all that, but some people got screwed by the timer issue and some people benefitted unfairly from it. Buffy would have won the stage if he had not insisted the timer had rolled over past 100 and instead taken the 13 seconds the RO was going to give him. Finally, I defy you to make that type of timer read 804 seconds. (Me, last place Limited, one stage point and change.)

Something I realized at the match is I just plain shoot stages differently than most in my squad.

It was good practice for Area 1!

I think every one had a good time despite weather and stage malfunctions.

I shot very consistant and only had one mike on a stacked aray on stage 10. I just hosed it too fast and didn't call it. I got lucky re-shoot on stage 5 where I engaged 9 tragets from around the side of a barricade when all the shots where suposed to be though ports. 18 procedurals would have hurt! But because the RO didnt give us a walk through and there was no visible posted course decription, I was given a reshoot. After all the match was figgured out I ended up with 3rd B limited.

Eventhough the plate rack stage wasnt Uspsa leagal this wasn't a sanctioned match so the stages didnt have to comply to the rules. Same reason you can shoot steel rabbits at a club match. The timer situation was a whole different story and the stage should have been thrown out becasue of the incosistancys.

I had a harder than usual time getting my points at this match, Hoser stages are fun but i am always tempted to go faster than i should. I can't automatically assume that on a 10 yard or closer target that i can slack off on the sight picture. Any one else feel this way?

I caught myself focusing on the targets instead of my sights several times. I think its very easy to do when everything is so close and you are going for max hose speed. My points told the story. I was down 10-20 every stage.

Anyone know if results are on the web yet?