Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PARA or STI

1911vm

.45 doublestacks are harder to keep running.

Mag condition is much more critical, and the least little bit of dirt can make them barf.

If I wanted a 10 round .45, it would be a singlestack with long mags.

For more rounds of .45, find an old cheap Para. STI mags don't hold near as many rounds.

The Glocks, XDs and M&Ps seem to run in .45...but I don't think that's what he's looking for.

He want's a .45 for HM. Why do you guys keep on bringing up .40? :lol:

I'd say neither. Just get an SVI or Techwear magwell and 10 rdrs (if you don't already have them) and stick it on your SS gun.

I could not find a large magwell for singel stack any links? thanks

He want's a .45 for HM. Why do you guys keep on bringing up .40? :lol:

I'd say neither. Just get an SVI or Techwear magwell and 10 rdrs (if you don't already have them) and stick it on your SS gun.

I could not find a large magwell for singel stack any links? thanks

The Techwear website got horribly hacked a while back and I am not sure if they have recovered. Go read the magwell stuff in the Dealers Forum http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=107

You will find the SVI magwell about 3/4 way down this page: http://sviguns.com/store/

Later,

Chuck

Hi everyone,

Just to add my 2 cents. I have a SVI short dustcover limited gun, a Dawson/Jarret Para P16 and a couple of CZ's (A older IPSC Standard and a newer Tac Sport) Now for the money I do not think that you can beat a CZ Tac Sport. Easy to find for under $1000.00 which includes 3 mags and spare parts. I would add a couple of extra mags and a set of Angus Thin Aluminum grips and a Magwell and you are way under $1300.00. Now I like a heavier gun as I am not in love with the way a major 40 tracks in recoil and I do not think the transitions are that much slower than a light gun. I will probably have one of the slides lightned just to see it it tracks a little better. Plus if you add Angus new basepads, you get a easily reloadable 20 rounds and the cost is way under what a Para or STI mag would run.

The Techwear website got horribly hacked a while back and I am not sure if they have recovered. Go read the magwell stuff in the Dealers Forum http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=107

You will find the SVI magwell about 3/4 way down this page: http://sviguns.com/store/

Later,

Chuck

The simply changing the magwell, over sized mag release button on my single stack sounds like a very good idea I have an extra SS that I can dedicate to 3 gun cool. thanks Chuck

And thanks for the links :cheers:

Edited by 1911vm

Hi everyone,

Just to add my 2 cents. I have a SVI short dustcover limited gun, a Dawson/Jarret Para P16 and a couple of CZ's (A older IPSC Standard and a newer Tac Sport) Now for the money I do not think that you can beat a CZ Tac Sport. Easy to find for under $1000.00 which includes 3 mags and spare parts. I would add a couple of extra mags and a set of Angus Thin Aluminum grips and a Magwell and you are way under $1300.00. Now I like a heavier gun as I am not in love with the way a major 40 tracks in recoil and I do not think the transitions are that much slower than a light gun. I will probably have one of the slides lightned just to see it it tracks a little better. Plus if you add Angus new basepads, you get a easily reloadable 20 rounds and the cost is way under what a Para or STI mag would run.

You are probably correct. But two things one I want to stay with 1911 platform and two I am not looking for a 40. I am looking for .45

Edited by 1911vm

Doesn't HM now allow the .40/10mm for pistols??

In any case I don't see any problems with getting a hi-cap

45 to run. One of my buddys shoots an SV 45 that has no problems

at all. He shoots a 230 grain Precision Bullet over 4 grains of Clays at 1.245".

The gun never burps. I can get 16 rounds into one of his mags I played with but it's not

a "load to" mag. They work better with 15 rounds.

That load is way over major but feels pretty soft.

Doesn't HM now allow the .40/10mm for pistols??

In any case I don't see any problems with getting a hi-cap

45 to run. One of my buddys shoots an SV 45 that has no problems

at all. He shoots a 230 grain Precision Bullet over 4 grains of Clays at 1.245".

The gun never burps. I can get 16 rounds into one of his mags I played with but it's not

a "load to" mag. They work better with 15 rounds.

That load is way over major but feels pretty soft.

yes some do but some do no. but all do .45 with mostly 8 and some 10 round mags