Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition

I am looking load information on Ramshot Competition. I have read that it is similar to VVN320. I used the search feature and not found what I was looking for. I have some 9mm Zero 125gr. JHP's and I would like to use the Competition. Any idea where I could start? I have a chrono.

Thank you

I'd think Competition would be way too fast for open major loads. It's pretty close to VV N320 on the burn rate charts. Let us know what you come up with. I'm interested in it also but can't get it locally. Another powder to consider is Solo 1000 if you can get easier than the Competition. I like it alot.

Well, I emailed Ramshot and I got a reply from their ballistics guy. He said:

I strongly recommend that you stick with Silhouette.

It’s our best option for SA HG calibers

However, I suggest the following for Competition.

Caliber: 9mmx19P

Barrel length: 4”

Powder: Ramshot – Competition.

Bullet weight: 124 -125 grains.

Start load: 2.8 grains (800 – 900 Ft/p/sec)

Maximum load: 3.3grains (900 – 1000 Ft/p/sec).

I will be trying it soon, I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Lighteye, I use Zip for .45ACP. I have not tried it for 9mm,hmm. I live in Sarasota. Do you shoot in Ruskin?

Every 1st Sunday, come hell or high temps, and sometimes the 3rd Sunday when the wife allows. I've got some SWEET 9MM & .40 minor loads, and you can send a few downrange after the match if you'd like. Let me know via PM if you'll be there this Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates with Competition? I'm thinking about placing a monster powder order for some Ramshot and Accurate powders and wondered how the loads are working out. I have a friend who likes her N320 loads but the price of the powder is murder locally.