Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster recommendations?

Texas1911

on this websight under gear and assesories, see the here are some holstermakers thread, links to pretty much every holster out there, with websight links, start clicking and see what comes up, some makers keep custom fit holsters on hand so you wont get the time lag, but a one size fits most carry holster is not the way to go. A custom made for your gun, body and carry method is much cheaper in the long run than going through a bunch of cheap ones.

For an IWB holster try: www.kramerleather.com

The one they made for me is for a full dustcover, but my short, wide fits perfectly. They're horsehide, they're not cheap, and you'll be waiting about 4 weeks for it, but it's worth every penny and every minute of wait. There simply is no comparison.

The 6280 is fine. If you get it, I recommend getting the shroud for it. It can have a tendency to open when riding in your GOV ride. I don't have that problem with mine but I know plenty of guys who do. Does Safariland make the 6280 for an STI also? Is that what you meant by a "custom unit" since the 6280 is basically off the shelf? Also, check this page just in case..... http://www.blade-tech.com/Duty-Holsters-c-258.html. Good luck.

Edited by jasmap

+1 on the safariland. It took some getting used to, but my draw is much more consistent with it over the old widow maker thumb break. It might be a smidge slower, like less than .1 second, but consistency is the key, and the "hood" really reinforces a nice high grip on the draw.

Also for off duty the Kramer Rocks! I had one for the Sig 229 in my previous job. It concealed very well and after 1 year of 5-7 days a week it's still in great shape.

Jason

On the custom job I meant a handmade leather holster that I have to wait up to a year for. I'm switching duty guns from my STI Trojan to the tactical and am trying to decide what all I want. I am trying to make the switch as soon as I can. That is why I am looking for as short of a wait time as I can.

The blade tech rig looks pretty nice hopefully someone here has some good things to say about it.

I have been using the 6285 with a STI Tactial for a while now. I have had the 6280 in the past for a non lighted gun. I prefer the 6280 and will be switching back in the future. I have the Blade Tech doh that you can take the doh attachment off and attach direct to the belt carrier. I have been using this holster for concealed carry and find I like the holster better for all around use with out the doh attachment. At the time they did not make a specific holster for the tactical but a holster for an edge works just fine.