Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting screwd by the trashman

shadetree

I just got my trash bill Friday night. Once again I am getting billed for an extra can every week. This after my wife called to complain. We were told to put our adress on our cans. Then the driver would be told to only pick up cans with our adress on them. They would call us if extra cans were there but would not pick them up.

Not true. I recieved my bill on a Friday.( maybe they think I will be cooled down by Monday.) I was billed for an extra can every week for almost 2 months. About 40% of my bill is extra can charges. :angry2::angry2::angry2: I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I don't even know if they are realy picking up extra cans or not. I'm just pissed about the whole thing. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Edited by shadetree

Sounds like the trash company has found a way to increase their revenue stream without officially declaring a rate increase.

[1] Try taking your trash to work [in bags suitable for the trash containers there], and see what you get billed when there is NO trash to be picked up.

[2] Take a digital picture of your trash with a neat sign showing the current date. Better if your camera can automatically include the date/time stamp. Enclose the pic with the next payment, ignoring the 'extra can' charge.

[3] Have a neighbor who stays home watch for the trash truck, and take a pic of them in action, before, during, and after they leave the two [or whatever] empty cans.

[4] Complain to the township, or whoever has picked this trash company. You may find there is an epidemic of 'extra cans'.

Sounds like the trash company has found a way to increase their revenue stream without officially declaring a rate increase.

[1] Try taking your trash to work [in bags suitable for the trash containers there], and see what you get billed when there is NO trash to be picked up.

[2] Take a digital picture of your trash with a neat sign showing the current date. Better if your camera can automatically include the date/time stamp. Enclose the pic with the next payment, ignoring the 'extra can' charge.

[3] Have a neighbor who stays home watch for the trash truck, and take a pic of them in action, before, during, and after they leave the two [or whatever] empty cans.

[4] Complain to the township, or whoever has picked this trash company. You may find there is an epidemic of 'extra cans'.

To which I'll add that alerting the right media outlet to the practice can sometimes work --- especially since it may get unmotivated city employees to finally take some interest.....

I definitely will try #1 and go from there.

Tried #3 but the neighbor keeps forgetting to look.

I will call the trash co on monday and see what they have to say. I am seriously considering telling them to stuff it and spending the extra money to go to the dump. :angry2::angry2:

I'm very sorry to do this to your hate post:

If I was was getting screwed by the trash man, I'd quit bending over while taking out the trash.

tee-hee.

:)

back to the hate.

SA

Bastard. :angry2::bow:

I guess I left myself wide open (no pun intended) for that one. Congradulations o great master of the obvious :bow::cheers:

About 6 calls later and the problem appears to be solved. We'll see when the next bill comes. Apparently my billing paper work says 2 cans and the paper work the route driver has says 1 so every time I put my 2 cans out the driver checks off an extra can and gives it to his office who some how never checked to verify that all the paper work matched.

This crap has been going on since May. I really hope they finally have it figured out.