Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fastfire Red dot reviews?

chp5

There is another thread already on this. Search. It gets pretty in depth. Still waiting on mounts to be released.

Thanks Kingman. I orginally searched in this forum and found nothing - that thread was in the Open Gun section.

Lot's of discussion but no one with may rounds down range with it. I bumped it for any new info.

The lack of available mounts makes it difficult.

Also compare what people are using

Most people placing highly are using Cmores there is a valid reason for this. I switched from the slide mounted to a Cmore. I can be a little more accurate with the cmore as I can adjust the dot to the circumstances.

I like the JPoint a lot. But can't adjust the dot.

I know a lot of ppl that like the Docter sight and are very happy with it. But again no adjustments.

I just put one on a XD and I like it but its my first dot on handgun other than a suppressed 22 for plinking.

It is going to take some work on my draw, when I come up Im finding that the dot isnt visible and found if I just raise my whole presentation up as I draw it help vs just indexing my wrist up after I see the dots not there. I suppose its a matter of practice (man what a dirty word) and getting used to the dot.

I do like the dot though and may put one on my shotty.

I just put one on a XD and I like it but its my first dot on handgun other than a suppressed 22 for plinking.

It is going to take some work on my draw, when I come up Im finding that the dot isnt visible and found if I just raise my whole presentation up as I draw it help vs just indexing my wrist up after I see the dots not there. I suppose its a matter of practice (man what a dirty word) and getting used to the dot.

I do like the dot though and may put one on my shotty.

Thanks tnek - let us know how it holds up!

• 1 month later...