Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This is the way I get my ZEN !

ghost21

My practice, really begins 3 weeks before the match.Ive got to say thought ,I havent did this in awhile!

3 weeks before the match:

Which would be 3 sundays, start practice sunday morning around 10am. set up entire match course of fire(all 3 stages)starting with clean pistols,( taken apart and cleaned entirely),Take a few sight in shots, then load mags and practice as though we are shooting a match. Shot through all 3 stages twice, take a break ( 30 mintues or so)Then start over again ,shooting all stages twice again. If its not to late and everyone wants to do it one more time.

The week before the match:

Go for practice at 10 am, shoot all stages twice and then ,take a break and shoot them twice more and then make plans for the trip to the host range.

Time in between practices:

I think about the match in my mind, think of how I will engage targets. And get alot of dryfire practice. I did have the privlege of having a place to shoot at my home(NC) besides,my practice range(SC) Get my mind set, My ZEN if you will.

The day of the match:

As soon as I set foot on the host range, Im thinking of how I will ingage the targets, I think of nothing else,I get myself relaxed, and my mind focused. I get myself in my zone ,my world.

And yes, I do get a little nervous, but I put that aside, do nothing but focus on the match.

I know everyone cant do this kind of practice, and believe me I dont get to do it very often now, But for all of the new guys, that have the time. Get as much practice as you can and find your ZEN and focus at the match. Remember: Watch the sights and squeeze the trigger! ( smooth is fast)

Jeff

You shoot the same "match" that all of the other shooters will be shooting or just make something up? Just wondering.

Joe

I have the pleasure of having the use of a private range where I and the other guys I shoot with can set up all of the stages of the glock match. We just set up stages and treat it as a regular match! As far as going to a match cold, I see in my mind how I am going to shoot, I focus on the sights and trigger control. It can sometimes be hard ,starting out cold, but it can also help you focus.

Shooting to me is 80% mental

20% pyhsical

Edited by ghost21

You shoot the same "match" that all of the other shooters will be shooting or just make something up? Just wondering.

Joe

I have the pleasure of having the use of a private range where I and the other guys I shoot with can set up all of the stages of the glock match. We just set up stages and treat it as a regular match! As far as going to a match cold, I see in my mind how I am going to shoot, I focus on the sights and trigger control. It can sometimes be hard ,starting out cold, but it can also help you focus.

Shooting to me is 80% mental

20% pyhsical

Are the stages the same all the time kinda like the Steel Challenge stages or do they change every month.

Joe