Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED Chrono and the voice chip

• 5 months later...
so anyone else have the new M2 chrono from CED? and does the voice chip thingy work for you? I can't get it to work for mine and really don't want to send it back to CED if it's just me being dumb.

I just push the "SP" button and shoot. You have to wait a second between shots to hear it talk to you. To me its a cool gimmick but not much more..

• 4 months later...

I find the buttons on my chrono to be a bit touchy. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. the SP button especially. but, when it do get it to respond to my pushing it, I can understand the voice. Reading out velocities is actually not bad at all. could be quicker I guess, but for the most part it works pretty good.

Mine worked well at first but it sounds like it blew the speaker. Now it is unintelligible, or nearly. I hate to send it back but I know they are good folks & would probably fix it for free or nearly. I enjoyed it when it worked right. Gimmick or not! hahaha.

MLM

• 3 weeks later...

I called CED and asked. They said it was probably a blown speaker, & they'd had that happen. They welcomed m to send it back and get fixed or replaced, of course. Which is proper and expected, I'm just using it so much that I can't give it up yet.