Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Section Championship

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty... since I can't find the $$ to shoot it this year, I am volunteering to be squad b%ch. I figure I can at least see my first major match up close and personal while I'm taping and resetting, and meeting some fellow BE'ers. See ya'll there!

Chris

For you guys who are spending the weekend over in Titusville, the Sea & Sky Spectacular air show will be happening at Jacksonville Beach this weekend.

As I type this, I can see and hear the Blue Angels practicing their routine.

The Blue Angels are expected to fly around 3 pm on Saturday and 2 pm on Sunday.

Have I mentioned how much I love flying? Compared to a 14 hour trip in the car, and $3.09 gas prices ..... it was the sh_t. I had a newb at the ticket counter in Ohio, but without hesitation or frustration he looked up the airline regs on his little computer, asked all the pertinant questions, and had me on my way in no time. :) TSA was friendly, and the crew on board the plane were great too.

No prob. finding either my hotel or the range, which is exactly 13 miles from the hotel. Gotta love it. I checked in today, and was impressed to find that not only did they have match shirts to hand out, but custom lettered coffee mugs too. Nothing fancy, but it's the little extras that are nice sometimes.

After looking over the stages I think this is going to be an excellent match! ;) There are 3 stages right by the clubhouse, and then 6 more in the 'back 40'. You do have to walk a little ways, but once you get there the 6 stages are right next to each other in a semi-circle fashion. They all look rather starightforward, even the memory stage. Good use of props on most every stage. That spinning port looks very diabolical indeed. Fast too.

It looks like the they've gotten their share of rain this week. I was told they set up the stages in the rain almost every day this week. It just recently tapered off, but there is still some puddles / soggy areas on some of the stages. Nothing like the Limited Nationals was this year. I guess I should be glad to be shooting in the morning now .... the ground wont be comepletely torn up by the time I get done.

The only thing that really bothered me was the "Beware Of Rattlesnakes" signs I saw at the range :o:ph34r::D

Chris Keen Came down and kicked some Limited butt. Congradulations on HOA Limited. It was also great meeting you.

+1 along with Nemo and sons, XDniner, KennyD, Fireant, and Big Guy. Wish I could've hung around longer, but I was suffering from what we called "Saddam's Revenge" back in '91 :blink: I t was my first exposure to a large match, and will definitely help my practice plans out a bit. It was great meeting everyone that I did, definitely my pleasure :D

Anybody know the rationale for throwing away those three specific stages?

I know I was not in the run to win my class (Roger was insane :bow::bow: ), but I believe two of those stages were some of my best stages for the day.

As for Mr. Keen, it was a pleasure to meet you.

*whew* I survived my first Limited match... kept trying to turn my sights on at LAMR and scared myself with the reflection off my Pimpalicious gun. (had to be there, it was funny. Thanks, Mike Calloway for the loaner!!! :D )

Also, it was awesome to witness Cliffie and Smitty, "Clash of the Titans", competing in Revolver division. They are truly the epitome of gracious competitors. :cheers: Glad I get to keep my hair though. :D

Not real thrilled about paying match fees at a "Championship" to bust a$$ working all day... and WTH happened to 3 stages???

From what I understand after talking to the MD for a bit, was that since not everyone got the oppurtunity to finish those particular stages, they could not be included in the final match results. Lucky thing that was not the case with ALL the stages.

I really appreciate the congratulations. Not sure if I deserve the HOA win, because before I left the interim results said I was only 93% of Eric Stanley. :bow: Sorry DP. But I had a great time, and enjoyed talking to everyone today. I met more Enos members at this match than any other. Had a great time hainging out in the afternon with NEmo, and his kids, and even Matt Jones stuck around for awhile. It was a long day but I spent it amongst friends (& in the FLA sunshine). :cheers:

Congrats Chris! Always great to see you. Also congrats to my good friend, the unstoppable L-10 machine, Kenny Dickerson! With a 4006 to boot! Shannon, you're definitely a GREAT ONE! Congrats as well to all other division winners and section champions!

To all of you :bow: and :cheers:

To Fireant's Stage 9 -> :bow:

It looks like the stages that got thrown out were the Wheel Of Doom :devil: , the unloaded start stage (with the double swinger), and the one were you started on the ramp with gun on table.

So .............. I guess we'll never find out how well (or not) we did on the Wheel Of Doom stage ! B)

Stages 4,5 & 6 were thrown out because, due to the Sun (The ultimate timer) going down faster than the shooters could shoot the match, scores for those three stages could not be calculated for all competitors. The rules state it so that's how they had to do it.

I'm also going to say that stage 7 almost got tossed because one competitor did not have a chance to shoot it and he was doing really well in the match and when the Match Director went to him and discussed it he said "Just give me a DNF on that stage so it doesn't screw up everyone else". Thank you greatly Marshall Todd for your sacrifice. You are truely one of the greatest people in this sport.

Stage 7 is the stage that I won HOA in Production on.