Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

012 Safariland Is Scraping Up My Gun!

Matt Ulberg

My Para P-16 limited is getting abused by the aluminum of my 012!

After this weekend's match, I noticed the wear on the fram (right side) and the bottom of the trigger guard. This gun is no range queen, but all those silver-gray lines make me cringe... :o

Anyone have similar issues? I am thinking duct tape over the edges of the aluminum plate (for the red-neck carbon-fibre look) but I'm open to other options!

Thanks,

Matt

;) Matt I have used my 012 for about 3 years, in lim and lim 10. Para and sti . My answer was and is use the soft side of velcro. Buy the kind with the glue already on it , it will last all year ! Wall-mart 2 dollars . try that. seeya at the Nats. spl k

there is also a special tape called micro bearing tape. It is a thick plastic like tape. I use it in a few key places on my 012 with my p16-40 and it solved most of the problems and is almost invisible. So it still looks like a regular holster but has a few small pieces of tape on the inside edges of the holster.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

Nate - too bad i saved my moment of spasticity for the classifier! One miss really hammers you!

Sparing my spastic moment (of too high-grip no trigger, jerk/miss) I was real happy with the match, and had a blast. Not too bad for my first time.

Matt

I remembered what the tape is that I use. It is called Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. This stuff is really neat, self lubricating, resists high impact, i.e. great for metals moving at high speeds. Here is a web site where you can get it.

http://www.smallparts.com/HTML%20Product%2...20pages/HTT.htm

3m also makes some.

here is the link to their site.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/a...ler/output_html

Hope this helps. This stuff works great for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with my Para in my012, It only rubbed on the right side at the top of the holster. The frame just barely came in contact with the alum, I took the dremel and promptly grinded off a little until I had the clearance I wanted. The touched the edge back up with cold bluing liquid. This repair will last forever with out being retaped so often and makes no difference when you change guns around, as I use that same holster for a Para, Caspian and a STI frames