Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well... I have the AR, and I have the 870...

If I'm facing 1-2 adversaries in close quarters, like your typical home invasion... The 870 with the 8-shot tube and the cyl barrel is my choice. 00 Buck, low-recoil.

If I'm leaving the house, have no idea what I'm facing, at what range, and in what numbers... nothing beats the AR with a few hundred rounds, 30 at a time.

In either scenario... my 9mm compact goes into the waist band. As your military brethren will tell you... You use your pistol... to fight you way BACK to your rifle. Period.

JeffWard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a hand gun (HK USP 40) for the purpose of versatility. I will have enough desired accuracy for anything that comes up in my home and enough knock down power with a .40 cal. Not to mention it offers the most ease when it comes to manipulating doors or any other obsticle. And if all hell breaks loose I have 16 rds.

Comparing the "knock-down power" of a 40 cal pistol round, to that of a 12 gauge load of buckshot, is like comparing my 8 year-old nephew to Albert Pujols in a home-run derby...

Intent

This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) While the occasional defensive shooting post is not prohibited, in general, defensive shooting discussions or debates are discouraged.

Closed.