Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC section championship

Wehrwolfe625

Well I head off Saturday to see how I fare in the NC Championships. I feel pretty good, but that might pass. :lol: I guess I'll see how I and my Ruger Alaskan compare to the other 14 revolver shooters. Mainly I just want to have a good day as far as my personal showing goes. :D

See some of you there. :)

BlueRidge,

Either there was someone else there shooting an Alaskan or I saw you down in the area with the first three stages. I heard you talking about your gun and thought it sounded familiar. I wanted to come over and introduce myself, but I was on deck, got busy and didn't see you anymore before I left. Hope you did alright, definitely nobody going to accuse you of gaming with that rig.

Looks like they threw out stage 5. They needed that wall to go out past the port on the left side I guess.

Looks like they threw out stage 5. They needed that wall to go out past the port on the left side I guess.

Crap, that was one I was very pleased with the way I shot.

Maybe that why the scores have not been posted yet.

Scores are now posted on the Gun clubs web page, will be posted on uspsa as soon as stats guy gets time. You can see the scores at http://sirwaltergunclub.com/nc2007_res.htm

Stage 5 was thrown out because half way thru the a shooter exploited a design flaw in a stage. when others started doing it the stage was being altered and it was decided that the stage would be removed as the props were not as they were when the match started. <_< Thanks to everyone who came and shot the match, and thanks to all those who helped. Weather was not so good on friday, but was beautiful saturday and sunday. Awards will be mailed out to those who where either not there to get them or they had not been produced.

Next year we hope to do it again and make things even better.

BlueRidge,

Either there was someone else there shooting an Alaskan or I saw you down in the area with the first three stages. I heard you talking about your gun and thought it sounded familiar. I wanted to come over and introduce myself, but I was on deck, got busy and didn't see you anymore before I left. Hope you did alright, definitely nobody going to accuse you of gaming with that rig.

That was me that you saw with the Ruger Alaskan and the referee shirt. (I got quite a few comments on the shirt. What's a game without someone to represent the referees) :lol: Accuracy wise I was very pleased, but my speed left something to be desired (like speed). I feel that I am progressing pretty well seeing that I just started shooting IPSC in June. My reloads were a bit higher power factor than I had intended, as I was aiming for 170-175 and found out at the chrono that they were averaging 185. :surprise:

I and my Alaskan will be back next year, where I plan to finish ahead of more auto shooters. :D I figure with more practice, a power factor closer to 165, better speedloading, and a bit more alacrity I'll make a showing higher on the rankings. ;)