Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Hillbilly and Cardinal Cups

Action Pistolero

The 2007 Hillbilly and Cardinal Cups will be held at the Triangle Sportsmens Club in Bluefield, VA on Sep 22nd and 23rd. These matches are NRA registered. Entry forms and match bulletins can be found at www.triangleonline.org.

I need the entries by Sep 1st or atleast a very firm commitment by then. 100% of the match fees go right back in to the match. I need to know 3 weeks in advance so that I can determine how much money can go to the prize table.

Moderators: Please do not move this post as it will become buried quickly in the match announcements.

• 2 weeks later...

The entries are in and the awards have been ordered. We have 25 shooters firing 40 guns for the Regional. There are 22 shooters firing 34 guns in the State match. A big thanks to all that got your entries to me in a timely matter. It really makes things a lot easier.

Thanks to your support the matches will have over $3,000 in cash and prizes. Not bad for a bunch of Hillbillys. My old man is looking forward to cooking up something special for lunch on Sunday.

Hopefully we will be blessed with cool dry weather and this thing will go without a hitch.

Thanks again for all of your support.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, thanks for hosting the matches. Martin and I will be there. We're both shooting three guns the first day. I am not man enough to shoot three guns on day two. I'm really looking forward to the match. See you Friday.

Jon

Jon,

According to your entry form you are shooting 3 guns on Sunday. I suggest getting plenty of rest Saturday night.

I hope everyone has a good time but I will be glad when it's all over with. The weather report looks favorable for a change. Most everything is ready and I will be picking up the prizes on Wed. I have a few last minute things to finish up so most of the range should be ready for practice by 10 AM Friday.

See ya then,

Kevin

Congrats to Kevin for winning both!

FWIW, Kevin picked up the Hinton, WV program from Herman Sage seven or so years ago. At the time that it was the only program in the mid atlantic. New York & New Jersey had programs at that time too. Both New York and New Jersey dropped off, now New Jersey is back. The Hinton, WV program never faltered.

Since then, Kevin has significantly expanded the Hinton, WV program to Bluefield, VA and was instrumental in helping Alan get Bedford, VA up and running. The VA programs under Kevin are top notch tournaments and clearly the best in the east. BC attendance is down, programs die out, yet programs under Kevin's watch grow. Yet he was short lived on the NRA AP Committee.

Hats off to Kevin Angstadt for creating a terrific program, cultivating other programs and shooters and excelling in shooting too. Is there anyone who really does more for the shooters and the AP program than Kevin Angstadt? I think not.

Thanks Kevin.

Martin

For once the weather cooperated. The final results can be viewed at www.triangleonline.com. I hope everyone had a good time and hopefully we can make it bigger and better next year.

The Regional proved to be one competitive match. The top three were seperated by 1 point. I was just lucky enough to come out on top.

Many thanks to those that stepped up and helped run the matches.

Kevin

• 1 month later...