Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting into open

jostein jensen

I'm thinking of changing from Standard to Open, after trying a Stinger and getting the open bug.

I live in Norway, so a custom job from Brazos, Dawson, Bedell or any other gunsmith that didn't pop into my mind at the moment, really is not an option.

I'm stuck with stock so to speak. We have a very good smith in norway for triggerjobs, tuning etc but the price for a custom gun from there would be astronomical for me, and I don't know what I would want in a custom gun either. That being light/heavy short/long or whatever.

Would a Trubor in 38S/SC with a 2 pound triggerjob, racker and tuned extractor and ejector be a good start, and when I know what I want, I can go to the lenghts and costs of importing a custom job.

The price difference between selling my Edge and buying a Trubor is in my price-range...

Jostein.

Look into the EAA/Tangfolio Gold Team or "Eric Model". Eric Grauffel and Henning Wallgren are noted European shooters that do 'pretty well' (by pretty well I mean their records speak for themselves). Another would be the line of CZ pistols.

Rich

It sounds like you have a Trubor available to you right now. It is a good way to start in open esp. with a gun that is already running. I started with a Trubor and just sent it out to have the slide lightened and racker installed.

available.. well.. Scanarms DA - the "local" dealer isn't that far away.

I tried a full-size opengun for the first time today. I'm never ever going to consider the Stinger again. To say the difference in harshness and loudness was severe is an understatement. I'm also going to try a couple more next weekend at Nidaros Open.. If all the full-sizers are as comfortable too shoot its going to be a 5" gun. I'll try looking for a used one first before I order the Trubor though..

Try the Trubor and see how you like it... shoot all the guns you can find first! If you can rent, borrow or just put a few rounds down range from as many dif choices as possible, you will be less likely to get stuck with something you don't like down the road.

JT

Try the Trubor and see how you like it... shoot all the guns you can find first! If you can rent, borrow or just put a few rounds down range from as many dif choices as possible, you will be less likely to get stuck with something you don't like down the road.

JT

the only open gun I had tried until saturday was a Stinger with major loads.

I tried a full-size para framed gun. It was a huge difference in loudness and harshness. I'm definately not going for a 4 inch gun.

I'm going to try a few more next weekend at Nidaros Open L3. Also full size guns.

I'm going to wait until I have tried a Trubore before I buy one, but I bet it can't take that long to find someone with one :)