Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Felt pretty good about this match until the next to last stage. Was cruising along with alot of Alphas and just a Charlie here and there. Had something get jammed into the chamber, is the only thing I can think of, and locked up the gun. Cleared the jam, dropped the mag and rolled on. Cost me 6 seconds for some weird abnormality. The point of the story is keep your mind right and finish the stage. I ended up with only 3 Charlies and the rest alphas on the stage. I could have easily just gave up and hosed it out but that wouldn't have helped matters either. Just keep your mind in the game and finish strong!

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my butt handed to me this weekend...I needed that! It let me know that I can't just cruise along. If I want to perform I'm gonna have to get it all together all the time!

Edited by steel1212

Getting ready for Rock Castle PROAM so I shoot Limited minor with my 3 gun belt today

Was also going for points, just letting the front sight dictate my speed. Was a little slower than I would have liked but for a 174 round match I had 23 Charlies and a Delta. Didn't want any Deltas but got it on the classifier pushing a bit. Every other stage was 5 charlies or less with one stage with only 1 charlie. I still need to work on points at the speed I know I can shoot so back to the practice range tomorrow!

Also, haven't had time to play with my BBI load anymore so its still a little smokey....I'll get back in the lab and fix that as its all me not the awesome bullets from BBI!

Video shortly....

Had a very productive day at the range today. Needed to get some rifle dope and do a little shotgun work and got all that done. Not that it will probably help me a lot next weekend but at least I can't use that as an excuse! Rifle laid down some pretty good groups out to 300 with a 4 power scope. Had about a 1.5" group at 200 and about a 2" group at 300. I was pretty happy with that considering at 300 the center of my reticule was pretty much covering the target lol.

Got no idea why my videos aren't embedding anymore :angry2:

If you figure out what is up, please comment. I have NEVER been able to get videos to embed properly, I've always had to add a link. :wacko:

Usually I just put the link in the post and it works.

IDPA Postal match plus 3 extra stages. I just shot my SSR for the first time in about a year yesterday. Put about 200 rounds through it then came and shot the match today. Felt better as the day went on. Shot the classifier afterwards and made SSR Master also. Good day

Had a stage with all Alphas, one with 1 Charlie. Also had a stage with 6 charlies and one with 9 Charlies. On the classifier, riverdale standards, I had 4 charlies and a Delta....stoooopid WHO/SHO. Felt I was shooting slow though, very deliberate. One the stage I had 9 Charlies on it was a lot of back and forth and leaning and moving. Also Wasn't providing enough grip pressure with my off hand. Right after that stage I had the stage with only 1 charlie. Gotta stay focused on what I need to do through the whole match!

Watching video always allows me to break down what I did wrong. This match really has shown me what I've been stuck on for a little bit. I'm getting a plan on the stage and I'm sticking with the first plan I come to instead of looking for other ways to shoot it. For instance the second stage in the video I didn't have to make that run up to the barrels I could have shot the left corner, left barrel, right corner, right barrel from farther back and not made the run at all just a shuffle step. On the next stage I should have shot the 3 right open targets then went forward and worked my way left....always learning!

Had to dig myself out of a hole on stage one. Edge hit on that steel cost me something in the realm of 8-10 seconds on the stage with all the back and forth. It was a mental challenge to myself to not make it worse! Just shoot each stage like the first one never happened! Ended up with the Production HOA in the end and 4th in the combined.