Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Had a piece of hot brass go down my back on the first shot and I was trying to get it situated the whole first stage <_< First match with my CPJII after being coated though and it ran like a top. Just got to learn to trust it like my Springer.

The boys at Silver Creek are putting on some awesome matches! This was state level stuff. My camera man didn't record me on 2 stages though :mellow:.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Brandon Grady at NIC industries, the guys that make Cerakote, had been bugging me to coat one of my guns. I finally sent him CPJ II after Area 5 this year to have Cerakote put on it. Its been about 6 weeks and I shoot 2-3 matches a week not to mention any training I do I use this gun as well. The only signs of wear are 4 little corners on the front of the slide where its tri topped. Other than that the gun looks like the day I got it back. This includes the rails and the barrel that was done also. This stuff is pretty amazing. To top it off its self lubricating so the slide feels like its on ball bearings when I rack the gun! I'm definitely happy with this coating for sure!

Nice Job!!

I was planning on shooting single stack but changed the morning driving to the range that morning, would have like to seen how you, mike and me stacked up.

No way I can match those reloads, you were smoking on them and no way can I keep up on the foot speed you have

congrats on HAO

some of the stages were tough on SS

Nice Job!!

I was planning on shooting single stack but changed the morning driving to the range that morning, would have like to seen how you, mike and me stacked up.

No way I can match those reloads, you were smoking on them and no way can I keep up on the foot speed you have

congrats on HAO

some of the stages were tough on SS

Thanks Jake! Yeah some of the stages where challenging for the Skinny gun but that is why I like shooting it so much. Plus its the same for everybody shooting the division anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple mikes, a early reload, and a Plate that wouldn't die cost me the HOA by 5 points. I feel confident I shot most everything else fairly well. Time to improve the movement and get that Charlie count down!

To save my wrists, which have been hurting from all the shooting I've been doing, I've decided to shoot some production. This will allow my wrists to heal and get my percentages up a bit in production. One thing I've noticed is minor scoring sucks! I really have to focus on those alphas!

Shot production and L10 at our indoor match. Here is the production runs. Gotta realize I'm not shooting major and get better hits!

What kind of splits are those? You're blazing through those arrays.

Shot production and L10 at our indoor match. Here is the production runs. Gotta realize I'm not shooting major and get better hits!

Not really sure didn't think to ask as they don't seem that fast when your doing them lol.

Not really sure didn't think to ask as they don't seem that fast when your doing them lol.

I've watched you shoot Single Stack, and now I'm seeing you shoot what sort of looks like a gun, and those splits sure look a lot faster than your usual splits, with the exception of the classifier - those looked more like what I'm used to seeing you shoot.

I've watched you shoot Single Stack, and now I'm seeing you shoot what sort of looks like a gun, and those splits sure look a lot faster than your usual splits, with the exception of the classifier - those looked more like what I'm used to seeing you shoot.

Well the ones with the splits super fast you have to realize that they are probably 3 yards away, and I'm shooting a gun that weighs more than my SS and its 9mm on top of that with a lighter slide. I really should back it off a touch as I dropped to many points, in my opinion, even at that range. I think shooting this gun will help my game for sure.