Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Like Your Van Halen?

"more than words could make me feeeeeeel" :sick: :sick: :sick: Gary Sucked!

I think flex is right about who you were partying to. I heard DLR on the radio when I was younger, but my first concert was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge...so I voted for SH.

Though the best line was:

"I like the little way the line runs up the back of the stockings

No, no, no, no don't take 'em off. "

:cheers:

David-Lee was about showmanship and a unique vocal quality that was signature VH and helped make them what they were for a rather long time. Handsome son-of-a-bitch, too... but never mind.

I was a record promoter during the time Van Halen's first LP hit the street. Our station's Music Director brought home (I worked for his roommate and the home was the office) the LP one day and said, "I totally trust your call in music... tell me what you think of this and I'll be back in about an hour or two." He dashed off to run an errand and I dropped the needle. Cripes! "Runnin' With the Devil" was the lead track and I had to sit down. When Tony came home I said, "This is the biggest thing to hit the street and the airwaves in years. Be ready for thousands of on-air requests. Thousands! The entire album is killer." Needless to say........

:wub::wub::wub:

Sammy Hagar is a cool guy. I met him once (he's not much taller than I am) and he was a gracious radio interview and rip-roaring about being in good health. He was a fine specimen in every way.

Derek45 is right about the difference between the two. :P