Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Standard Division Magazine Capacity

Even

No, I mean that for the last five years, the French champion wasn't officialy recognized.

5 or 6 Years ago, the minister of sports decided to retire the delegation from the French Shooting Federation (FFTir) to promote Practical shooting.

Their main argument was that we were training to take over the Gov't and to attack banks . :wacko:

She (the Communist Ministry of Sports) was told by expert that our sport was a huge danger for public safety .

The "so called" expert was a previous employee from the FFTir at a high level.

One of those "Shooting Taliban" who says that if you're not shooting ISSF with a .32 you're a cowboy and a danger and you mustn't have guns.

The kind of people I like :angry:

But this is a really short resume because, it's a little more complicated but this is basically what it's about.

Nowadays, the delegation hadn't been given back yet but we have great hopes that the new gov't will hear us with a two times European and World Champion among us.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. Has any of you have experience with mec-gar mags for the P16?

I bought these mags (15-rounders) and replaced the flat basepads with +2 aluminum (custom from my smith that allowed the mag to fit with my custom mag well.) I filed down and reshaped the stock follower until it allowed me to fit the 18th round with enough play to be able to hit a strong reload. Since compared to the Para tube, these are shorter. So I actually have more than enough clearance for the gun to wiggle in the IPSC box.

I'm not sure, though, on the quality of the springs. Wondering how it compares with wolff?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I just bought these (used) STI .40 S&W magazines for Standard. They only get 16 rounds. I've got old Grams followers in them. One of the springs looks to be an STI and the other seems to be an ISMI. I ran into Beven at the SMM3G and he said to cut the coils to 9. They had 11, I cut them, and I still can't get a 17th round in. When loaded to 16, the follower is visible in the witness hole on the right side of the tube.

Anybody know who made these base pads? Are these 120mm tubes?

post-645-1111120314_thumb.jpgpost-645-1111120326_thumb.jpg

Erik,

It looks lilke SV pads. It's hard to get 17 in the mag with that pad.

Dawson will give you a reloadable 17 rnd mag, and you will most

likely be able to squeese 18 to start with.

The tubes look like the 120mm, or box compliable tubes anyway...

But I don't really know too much about STI tubes...

even

Erik :

The best I found is to use SV competition follower recut a la Skywalker.

I also use Dawson pads instead of SV and cut the last coil parralel to the bottom of the pad, easier to take the pad off.

It gives me reloadable box compliant 17 rounders.

Your tubes looks like 120 mm, IPSC standard division friendly :D

I hate to make things simple with all the "Road Warrior" style fabrication going on, but;

Try SV Standard Tubes with Gramms Spring / Follower combo and a Dawson base pad.

I get 18, 17 reloadable and fit in the box.

I have seen the mythical Brazilian 19 rounders since Phil brought a couple back to the US last year; they run flawlessly & have enough room to reload with all 19 rounds on board plus they fit the box.

Couple of thoughts: I know that parts, including SPS/STI/SV mag springs, may not be as available or an inexpensive in the rest of the world as they are in the US. Forum member Iron9 has found a way to bring thos mag springs back to life & posted it on his IPSC website: www.strictlyIPSC.com - go to "miscelaneous" and "mag spring tempering". Even if you only do this for your practice magazine springs, it will let you use fresh, new spring in competition & extend their life. Maybe it will save you a few Euros. I have tried it & it works.

Regards,

D.C. Johnson

• 1 month later...
With the Dawson basepads (no retainer plates), I can get a reloadable 17 in the above tubes. Yay! However, no combination of follower and spring will yield 18 rounds.

Hmm, 18 will be real hard, but I'm sure it will fit in there. Going to Ecuador? If you are, I'll show you how to get the last round in there.

even

With the Dawson basepads (no retainer plates), I can get a reloadable 17 in the above tubes. Yay! However, no combination of follower and spring will yield 18 rounds.

Erik,

I can send you my experiences on how to fit 18 rounds in a box-compliant mag, or you could buy an SPS hi-cap mag.

First one is more complete, second one is easier. ;)

Let me know if you need help.

• 1 month later...

I got some new Grams springs and followers and cut them to 9 coils as Beven recommended. In the STI tubes with Dawson pads, I can get 18 rounds, some of the time. I'm amazed I can seat the mag and the slide cycles; it's really tight.

I only have about a year of "Standard" exp, but I am a believer, it is THE HE-MAN CLASS, even more macho than Limited. I love it!!!

Anyway, I have (had, sold them to Phil) two of the 19 rounders, so I hardly ever try to use my normal SV tubed mags w/18 in them. 17 is good and reloadable, 18, there has to be a good reason.

Good luck to "los diablos blancos" from EEUU. (the white devils from the USA), sorry I won't be there guys.

I used my "magic mags" for the Area 3, and they worked perfectly. It was nice reloading with a Standard legal mag, and knowing I had 20 rounds left to play with! I may be getting rid of ALL of my 140mm 40 mags. Well....I may keep one or two....until I get a 140mm "magic mag." 21 reloadable! ALLLRIGGGHHHTTTT!

Phil